Horrendous live view

HATE is such a strong word. I absolutely HATE this version of live view. I have given myself months of trying to remain open minded and to get accustom the change. It still is HORRIBLE and pretty much useless.

I make beautiful things with leather ~ art you wear.
violetsea
Excursionist
26 0 15

I just tried it. Not dots are showing and I had to refresh my google chrome three times and then three dots showed up. Pathetic!

The CTO clearly said that they won't be removing this version. So sad!

qz7
Excursionist
18 0 18

yes, live view, like the new global perspective, has gone pear-shaped, just like the globe of the earth.

csks
2 0 3

It never shows where visitors are on the globe. Maybe 1 in 500 times it does. There can't be that many people using private browsing. 

CSPD
Tourist
4 0 9

Its been about 8 months since the new live view was activated an its still as shit as the day it launched, please god change it back ffs...

Flight_Sim_Stuf
1 0 1

I am new to shopify and having the same issue.. it is not showing visitors up on the globe most of the time.  Hope they fix this soon.

CJ2017
2 0 1

Any News on when this Live View issue will be fixed and why, in the interim, we can't just go back to the prior working 2D model?

jmr93
Excursionist
27 0 213

Looks like they finally listened - Today I now have the option on the Live View page for globe or map view.

Map view seems to work great and I have no idea why it took so long to happen....

njp15914
Tourist
4 0 3

They must be slowly rolling it out.  I don't have that option yet.

Can you post a screenshot of it?

Thanks.

-Nick

TinyOne
Excursionist
11 0 42

Thank the lord!!!! Now, all we need is the states to be shown on hover so I can see where people are coming from. I see the USA is one big landmass with no state lines just yet. I am so glad they are finally doing this!!!!!