Horrendous live view

Tourist
4 0 19

Nov24- release of the latest 3D Live View. HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! What where you thinking...just because you can does not mean you should. The world map continually rolls its hard to stabilize, zooming into regional area makes it even more unstable. You go out of live view and you have to set it all up again. Horrible upgrade and senseless! How can I get back to the old presentation, you should also stop popping these things up unannounced requires staff re-orientation and training which deflects the business at hand. The modifications should be available through a setup menu and not at some whimsical time the Shopify chooses...again you insert yourself in the operations of our business unannounced will ill wanted and un-modifiable changes....WTF

2 0 11

Totally agree with all of the comments - this is a big step backwards. What were they thinking? Has there been no user testing??

Tourist
6 0 42

Completely agree - it is useless - takes forever to work out where visitors are located. Change it back to the original version please!

1 0 13

Hate it! Not easy to navigate. Doesn’t show the states names. 
colour wise it’s confusing. 
Please give us the old one back 

Tourist
5 0 25

The new live view was not made with sellers in mind (obviously). The lack of contrast in colors makes it not useable..many  people with eyesight problems need contrast.   Having to scroll to the right just to see the last panel is a develop blunder. I want to see PAGE VIEWS and CUSTOMER BEHAVIOR.  The panels for VISITOR RIGHT NOW  and TOTAL SESSIONS can be halfed, too much unneeded white space in those panels. only in FULL SCREEN can you see all at once but you lose your navigation panel

The globe can be removed, map view better. I only sell in the USA, and each time I have to use the dropdown menu to scroll to the bottom to get to the USA. Note that EACH TIME I visit the Live View, I have to RESET the globe to the USA. Now I don't even bother, I just leave the default view, a big gray useless swirl, .... and this new view was only unleashed a few hours ago!!!!  If I could set a default view, that would be better, but for now, 2 thumbs down on this 'enhancement'.

grrrrrrrr

1 0 12

YES! These cosmetic changes they keep replacing older features with don't add value to us as sellers and make the interface clunky to use on business grade hardware! This is just the latest example of programmers showing off what they can do rather than working out actual bugs in the current code.

Excursionist
10 0 39

Just horrible. No country names when you hover over a country. No interactive graph showing online user, active basket and checkout. Incredibly un inspiring. Even worse the map is very poor, very washed out. just horrible and uninspiring

Shopify Partner
2569 133 430

I agree this is poor timing to roll out changes before a sales holiday.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
Excursionist
10 0 39

I hate the new live view. Terrible graphics. We ship to 40 countries. The map does not give country name. Worse there is no interactive graphs for online customers, or active carts or people checking out. Really badly thought out and terribly executed

Tourist
6 0 42

What action is going to be taken by Shopify in response to unanimous user feedback re the new live view??

No thought whatsoever has gone into this from an end user perspective - KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID - I want to see the UK (where I ship) straight away when opening live view not Antarctica... I want to see (easily) active carts, check out etc 

You have rendered the live view function completely useless - thanks...now change it back...please!!!!!