Horrendous live view

Excursionist
15 0 35

According to their replies on FB they are not able to revert it back to the old one. 

0 Likes
2 0 6

This is incredibly frustrating when we are hours away from Black Friday. I cannot stand when sites make changes like this without even asking if that's what people want. I pay $30 a month for this service and would prefer they not fix things that aren't broken. Change it back!

Tourist
8 0 36

Shopify, does this look like 21 viewers to you??? And don't say, "Are they in other areas of the globe?" Because I checked and no. This is not updating correctly! I need to see where the LIVE TRAFFIC is coming from in LIVE VIEW! Please fix this!! I need to also see the names of what states and countries people are coming in from and I can't see that anymore!

These colors are killin me smalls lol killin me!

21Viewers.jpg

Excursionist
12 0 40

Agreed!!! This is a major flop for Shopify!  Super disappointed in your UI update. More like an outdate!

1 0 1

Agree! How do we change it back? Its ridiculous!

1 0 4

I totally agree it’s not working for me at all. Can we have the old version back please?

Excursionist
15 0 5

Shopify, does this look like 21 viewers to you??? And don't say, "Are they in other areas of the globe?" Because I checked and no. This is not updating correctly! I need to see where the LIVE TRAFFIC is coming from in LIVE VIEW! Please fix this!! I need to also see the names of what states and countries people are coming in from and I can't see that anymore!

These colors are killin me smalls lol killin me!" Where are the name of the STATES????

2 0 14

Let's some up all the pros and cons of this new implementation:

Pros:

- are there any? They just wanted to update the design as fast as possible for black Friday to have thousands of Screenshots of shopifiers posting on social media with the new design, to show the world: hey look we have some big changes in the UI .... That's it, there is nothing else... 

Cons:

- Live view stats don't work - information loss

- data does not fit on the screen on mobile and desktop. It is absolutely not user friendly 

- globe shows a 1/10 of visual information we could see before

- globe graphic sucks! is this 200x200 pixels? Tetris? 

— no proper country information 

- globe colors are bad and not easy to read 

- performance drop! , globe loads for too long time, and uses a lot of CPU Power, even gets stuck 

-if you want to check other areas, turning this globe properly without spinning it, is a pain in the ass. Have to touch the globe 5 times before showing the right spot I want.

- even 2 finger zoom and spin on touchscreens don't work.. It's 2020..

Summary:

Great job and that on a very important time in history. Covid19 + black Friday

This can happen to companies, but shopify is big, wealthy, in the stock market and experienced enough, that this immature mistake should not happen on such a day. 

If you need a new strategist / senior business development manager that can do much better in any way here, please contact me.  

Best, 

Martin Moripek

Tourist
6 0 41

Why is this useless spinning globe still there????

Change it back? How many negative posts required before you actually do something?? 

This is a MASSIVE FAIL

Fix it now and show us that you actually give a shit what your paying subscribers think. 

Tourist
5 0 4

Agree with all the comments, it’s just awful. It takes so long to load, I can’t see where anyone is from and have to scroll across to see other info. Please switch it back!