Horrendous live view

1 0 3

Terrible update! Shopify needs to revert this mistake ASAP! Wrong on so many levels... The globe is useless, the colours are washed out...

Tourist
3 0 21

What was Shopify thinking!! They obviously were NOT! The new live view is terrible. I only have a small store UK customers only and I can’t see where anyone is visiting from. I do social media campaigns based on county’s and now I can’t see if the are working or not. We need to be able to choose what view we want. I hate that they changed it with no notice to us there customers! I will keep writing to Shopify to complain grrrr not happy!!! 

Tourist
7 0 15

This new view is horrible!! Customers should be given a choice. It’s absolutely useless and doesn’t work well at all.

Community Manager
Community Manager
567 34 838

@David1622 wrote:

on the home page of the back office, Shopify are now displaying the globe, next to the globe top tight are some lines. I would suggest making a comment here!

I wanted to reiterate that feedback in this thread is being captured so submitting feedback in different locations isn't needed.

@David1622 , I removed your image post since the banner you shared may have been dismissed by others which can lead to confusion.

To recap, I can confirm that your feedback has been collected along with everyone else in this topic, including any new posts that come into topic.

Thanks again all for your feedback! 

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Tourist
9 0 25

Has anybody taken a look at your customization page in admin part of your online store?   I now have two empty boxes with what looks like an aww snaps - like it has crashed.  I am wondering is this is a result of the changes they made to our live view

1 0 2

Yes, like so many others this was shockingly bad and the timing didn’t help either.

go back to the previous version until you have a killer upgrade.

would be cool to see today’s, yesterday’s last week, last months, custom date ranges orders on the map. A dot / pin for every order. 

thanks Shopify - we know you will do the necessary! 

Tourist
3 0 21

I just had a long chat with Shopify if your not happy with the new live view please contact them via email or in a chat room. The more we highlight this problem the more likely they will responded. I hate the new version I can’t see any visitors in my Uk only store so I’m not interested in the world map! Bring back the old version it was great. Myfunkybags.com 

Tourist
9 0 28

Yes, same here -- Apparently I have a bunch of visitors on my site right now, but there aren't any dots or visitors shown except my own pin, and none of the day's orders are showing. The new Live View is total garbage.  

The orders are still showing in the dashboard and everywhere else, so I think it's just Live View. What a crazy decision to roll out this massive step backward right before Black Friday. Seriously... it's hard to believe they did this.

I agree totally, the new live view is horrendous and hideous! I am converting to Google analytics because I can at least see what is happening there. 

I never seem to be able to see the dots on the map even when there is a sale happening while I am watching.

Total waste of time.

Tourist
9 0 25

I have been using analytics ever since they made the change.  I open two analytic windows one tells me what customers are looking at the other one is tells me the locations of the customers!  It is a bit of a pain but it works better than Shopify.