Horrendous live view

jmr93
Excursionist
25 0 207

Seems like Shopify just rolled out a new version of live view with a 3D earth etc and I really dislike it. Too many bells and whistles - Is it possible to show the previous version?

ccarson
Tourist
4 0 205

Since there's no real "customer feedback" option for shopify anywhere, I thought I'd post it here.   The new live view is pretty bad across the board.  You took an old system that displayed all the relevant info you need on one page, and turned it into a convoluted, horribly color-coded designed that you need to make like twice as many inputs for just to see the same amount of information.  On mobile, you have to scroll 2 or 3 times just to see the amount of info that fit on half a page before, on desktop you have to scroll sideways for some reason because the frames dont adapt to screen resolution, and for some reason shopify decided to go with a white on light grey color scheme, where nothing really contrasts and it all looks horribly visually unappealing.

It's literally worse than the old one in every single way.  At least give us the option to switch back to the old live view if we want.

welcomebrand
Excursionist
44 0 76

Got to agree there, even on a decent sized new laptop the data panels don't even fit on a screen because the focus seems to be on the globe at all costs. 

I assume it'll have been user tested a lot and people use the globe view more than the information panels but it does feel like it's prioritising entirely the wrong parts of what live view should be doing. I do like the little green Github style sections showing the breakdown of visitors / orders / etc at the bottom of each panel though. 

download.png

ccarson
Tourist
4 0 205

Yup, this is what happens when artists/creative types design analytics interfaces... 

Shopumojaa
Tourist
6 0 98

It’s so frustrating ! Why would they do that? I get visitors but I can’t even figure out where because of it. It just shows that stupid globe nobody asked for. They need to change it back 

Ru6
1 0 78

Totally agree. They should give an option to let us go back to the old view. 

stitchrock
Tourist
3 0 88

Ditto this!  And the live visitor function is not working.

jmr93
Excursionist
25 0 207

Yeh that's hit and miss for me also

Fifig
Tourist
3 0 92

I cannnot see customers and I hate the new live view 

Fifig
Tourist
3 0 92

You are right Shopify please return to the old one with the colours. Why waist time fixing something that’s not broken???? You need to work on the slow cart purchase system,long after something is paid for the graph still shows a purchase