Horrendous live view

SmallBizOwner
Tourist
3 0 7
Exactly my thoughts! That is what I was expressing over 5 weeks ago. The
lack of response from the company speaks volumes as to how they handle
issues when they arise and what they think of their paying customers'
concerns.

Customer service at Shopify used to be stellar up until about a year ago.
Must have changed ownership or management around that time, because it
quickly changed to an attitude of "we don't run this business for our
customers." It's a shame, because I used to tell everyone who ran a small
business that Shopify was the best platform. I can no longer honestly
recommend it to anyone anymore.
TyW
Community Manager
Community Manager
573 34 872

Thanks again for your feedback everyone. 

When there is more information to share this topic will be updated but until then I cannot provide any further comment.

I understand this is important and appreciate the constructive feedback everyone has been providing lately. 

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Searsportrugs
1 0 3

I’ve been on Shopify for four years and no longer check my live view. Mainly because the spinning globe makes me nauseous. I used to love checking it when I did a social media post or sent a news letter out, watching the spots light up as my customers followed links to the online store and checked out. Or if I knew a group was meeting and that many were together on my site. I hope they listen to the community and do a drastic change up! 

FrancineKwall
Tourist
9 0 8

exactly!  Has anyone found a new platform that we can migrate to instead of Shopify?

Maybe is we start talking about that, they would indeed listen

RoastmasterDan
2 0 0

Extremely disappointing upgrade - no longer use the live view which was always a valuable tool and feature.

Expressed this directly to Shopify on day 1 of the upgrade.

Lets hope enough voices will lead to reverting back to previous version.

0 Likes
earthfairy
Tourist
6 0 18

Hi TyW

I'm sorry that's just such a frustrating response from a merchant's perspective. 

Could we have a "we are working on a fix" or a "we have no intention of changing it" please? 

This is a daily frustration for all of us and it's the lack of response from Shopify that is causing so much angst. 

GiveThemaBrake
Tourist
6 0 4
The response I read from the CIO's social media posting was that they were going to keep moving forward in this direction, no plans to turn back. Seems like a damn the torpedo's, full steam ahead approach.
Personally, I don't use it much. It has always been eye candy from before and now it's the same eye candy but broken eye candy. The dots for live visitors, if they show up, are hard to see with their pulsating color scheme. Just put a black dot. Make it clear -I don't need a pulsating color - just a dot - thank you. A big dot if two locations overlap so I can zoom in and see detail if needed. I understand the color scheme to denote visits as they are trying to conserve space on the screen. But the line chart was much clearer and you can get exact numbers for visits, not just know there were more at one time than another. Same with sales transactions, I prefer the line chart. I've read through this thread and totally understand some of the value others see in this tool and how it's lost value to them. Especially if they are advertising and want to see real-time if they send out an email blast who's responding and in what areas.
I just use google ads if I want to see anything in real time. It's much better but I don't get the real-time sales feed.
The question I have is while it is interesting to see and fun to watch sales go past and dots on the screen, how is this really useful? What can I do with the live view to actively react to what I'm seeing on the screen? You really need to run reports and do some analysis off-line to produce value. Just seeing all this on the screen in real-time is cool and all, but I don't see how this is really useful for decision making. If I need to see trends (and that's useful) then I'll run a report.
0 Likes
legend7sports
Tourist
7 0 3

Tragic live view....Switch to the old one ...This is new version is a joke..

Anth27
Tourist
4 0 5

Totally agree!

Definitely makes me not want to use Live view, it's concerning me how long this topic has been open, yet it's still there?!

The old one was perfect the way it was!

enoxia
1 0 2

TERRIBLE LIVE VIEW, COUNTRIES ARE WITH NO BOUNDARIES AND CANNOT KNOW WHERE EACH VISITOR IS FROM, MAYBE FOR CANADA OR USA COULD WORK BUT NOT FOR EUROPE...PLEASE RETURN THE PREVIOUS VERSION!!...SHOULD WE REQUEST THIS @ CHANGE.ORG OR IS SHOPIFY GOING TO SOLVE IT SOMETIME SOON?