Horrible Shopify Service

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have a Shopify store almost 4 years. I have always been compliant and have been no trouble at all. Shopify have stopped my payments payouts for over a week now because my home address does not match something or other. Since when did it matter where I live when it’s my business address that should matter. I now have a lot of money built up in payouts and nobody will come back to me. I’ve been waiting and waiting and waiting but still no answer. At this rate I cannot wait to leave Shopify and go to another site host as this service is a joke. In a pandemic and I can’t even receive the money from my own sales. I need that money to pay my staff and replace stock. They have no reason to do this to my business yet they are so unhelpful and hard to contact. I’ve never been so unhappy with a service. I was always a great advocate for Shopify but now I’ll tell others to avoid at all costs. Terrible way to be treated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
560 59 108

Hi @laurenreb01,

Hyde here from Shopify.

I completely empathize with your frustration and want to assure you that the Risk team is only asking for you to submit information in order to complete standard underwriting and ID verification, to be compliant with international law, and to ensure that everything on the Shopify platform is secure.

That said, it appears that your payouts are no longer on hold. We've experienced an extraordinary amount of traffic lately, so I appreciate the delay may have been frustrating. Thankfully that has been resolved!

If you have any other questions, I'm happy to answer them.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes