Hosting Non-Shopify files but moving domain name to Shopify

Tourist
25 0 1

I am just in the middle of transferring my domain from Moniker to GoDaddy, along with cancelling my current Magento hosting with Aspiration.

I am aware that I need to change the CNAME in Godaddy so the domain points to my Shopify store but my question is what can I do with the non-shopify files I have (some of these are used in my ebay template, along with links using mydomain.com/filelink etc.

Can I move my non-shopify files to Hostagator for (I have a hostgator account) for example, and still ensure the domain works properly with Shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
298 0 155

Hey there!

When you move those files over to HostGator I'd recopmmend setting up some 301 redirects to make sure the domain-specific links you have to the files don't get broken. That should prevent any loss of access or traffic. :)

1 Like
Tourist
25 0 1

Thank you for your reply Alex :)

So this would be the best way to host my other files? Shopify won't host non-shopify files?

Also, I'm not sure what to do with my email forwarding. I see Godaddy allows it but also hostgator. I'm thinking that I use the Hostgator forwarding.

0 Likes