How Can I Open a Consignment Shop with Shopify?

2 0 0

A client of mine wants to open a consignment store with a retail store and online sales. We need a POS for the store and also want to sell online through one system. We were looking at Ricochet and ConsignmentPro, but Shopify would be so much better if it can work. 

What plugins would be need to make Shopify into a Consignment Store? We have vendors, commissions and all that stuff. Also if possible, I would love to use a custom design and maybe even the Craft CMS if possible. That is not as important as the consignment side of things. 

Can anyone tell me what plugins I would potentially need?

thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
97 0 12

Hi there,

I'm not too familiar with how consignment works. How is it different than treating each of the people putting things on consignment as a supplier / product vendor?

These apps might be helpful: 

Todd

Todd - ShopClerk Order Tracking for Shopify - https://shopclerk.net
0 Likes
2 0 0

It is mostly same but people should be able to use commissions to buy stuff. I am not sure if any of the modules do that but I will look. Thanks for the info.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
97 0 12

Cool. Ah, so the people whose stuff sells through the consignment store build up credits that they can either spend in the store or cash out?

Good luck!

Todd - ShopClerk Order Tracking for Shopify - https://shopclerk.net
0 Likes
1 0 0

Any luck with this?? I'm trying to do the same for my shop, but cannot find anyone able to set it up for me. I currenlty use Shopify and ConsignCloud seperately, and want to merge it into Shopify. 

0 Likes
Tourist
41 0 1
Hey bgarrant,

Did you end up finding a plug-in that satisfied your client? 

I too had trouble finding a similar Shopify App to make it work! 

I also needed something that works online and offline, and would help manage everything about consigners for my sneaker consignment business.

So for the past few months we have spent some time building a new and modern consignment software that allows business to decrease cost with tools that saves them time, and increase revenue by making it easier to connect to more sales channels (like Shopify).

You can view our site here: www.frontflip.co

With our Shopify app you will have everything you need to make a consignment model work with Shopify.

Feel free to shoot me a email:

Always happy to chat!

Menan
0 Likes
Tourist
41 0 1
Hey Classickatey,

I would love to help you setup your store to work with Shopify. If you are still looking to do this?

We are consignment software similar to ConsignCloud with a focus on helping you save time and sell more. You can find our site here:

We also connect directly with Shopify so your offline and online inventory is all synced up. There will be no need for your to update multiple places. 

I would love to chat and help you out. You can reach me anytime at: hello@frontflip.co

Menan
0 Likes
1 0 0

Wondering if anyone found a solution to the instore credit option? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
41 0 1

Hey Liciatrades,

My name is Menan, I run Frontflip (www.frontflip.co) and we're currently working on a feature that will let you give consigners an in-store discount on your Shopify Online Store and POS.

Would you be open to sharing what you were looking for, so we can incorporate that into our feature so it hopefully fulfills what you are looking for?

Much love

Menan

0 Likes