How Do You Tag Products For Instagram?

Highlighted
Explorer
63 11 13

I have Instagram all set up. I set it up using the app. Instafeed.
Now, I am suppose to tag products and I don't know how to do this. Can someone please provide some guidance?
Thank you so much.
Lovica

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
670 50 148

Hey, Lovica!

Julie here from Shopify Support. 

It's great to hear that your business is using Instagram; this is an excellent way to share your products amongst a wider audience and increase customer engagement. 

I should clarify, however, that the Instafeed app is specifically designed to display Instagram feeds on merchants' websites. While it does look like the Instafeed Pro plan supports product tagging, most merchants will use this app to showcase their posts on their websites. If you want to tag your products in your Instagram posts, then I recommend instead setting up the Facebook channel.

The Facebook sales channel is fully supported by Shopify and connects your Facebook Page and Instagram Business profile with Shopify, giving you the ability to showcase your products on your Facebook Page and tag your products in your Instagram posts. This sales channel is completely free to use and you can add it at any time by selecting the + button beside the Sales channels heading on the left sidebar of your Shopify admin, where you'll then see the option to select the Facebook channel. We also have instructions on how to set it up, along with eligibility requirements, outlined here

Once you've installed the Facebook channel and have connected your accounts, I suggest reviewing our help doc on Instagram, which offers further details on how you can sell your products on Instagram by tagging them when they appear in your Instagram posts and stories. There, you'll also see instructions on how to set up Instagram Shopping and exactly how to tag your products in Instagram posts. Keep in mind that this is all handled through the Facebook sales channel, so installing it and setting it up will be the first step you'll need to take. 

As you work on integrating your Facebook and Instagram accounts with Shopify, I suggest checking out our blog post, "How to Sell More With Shopping on Instagram". This offers some excellent tips on how you can grow your audience using Instagram and also shares examples of how some popular brands are utilizing Instagram to boost their sales. It's a quite thorough guide and I'm sure you'll find it pretty useful! 

I hope this points you in the right direction and I'd love to hear how the setup process goes. Do you still plan on keeping the Instafeed app installed to display your feed on your website?

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes