How To Change Billing Cycle

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, How can I change the billing cycle of trienally to monthly?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
681 71 102

Hi, @meichawn

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Great question!

Updating your plan from an annual to a monthly billing cycle is not an option from within your Shopify admin Settings. However, it is possible with the assistance of our Billing department, and I am happy to facilitate this for you!

How far into your triennial plan are you?

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Helen,

I need to change my billing cycle from Annual to Monthly.  Free period is ending tonight.

Could you please help?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
681 71 102

Hi, @ashleighburwood.

I’m happy to help! I am sending you an email to gather your store information in order to escalate this request for you. Keep an eye out for that.

However, I understand that your request is time sensitive, and since the Community forum is not a live channel, there may be delays in our communication. If you prefer to expedite the process, live support via phone or chat is available to you here.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I need to change my billing cycle from 2 year to 1 year 

Can you guys assist before my free trial ends...thank you in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
337 14 30

Hi @b2yb1b 

To do this, you should update your billing period on Shopify, here is the guide.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
681 71 102

Hi, @b2yb1b. Thanks for reaching out about this here! 

I understand your urgency to get it updated before your trial ends. Moving from the biennial to the annual plan requires assistance from our Financial Services department, so I’m more than happy to help facilitate this for you. 

It has been a few days since you posted in this thread, therefore I wanted to check to see if you are still in need of assistance with this? Or have you since been able to contact live support to help move forward with the change?

I’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Helen, thank you for contacting me…but my ticket was escalated to billing/finance department…and someone named Ashleigh O handled my request.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
681 71 102

That's great! Thank you for following up. If I can help with anything else, just let me know.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

On the pricing page the Shopify plans are advertised as MONTHLY. But now you are deducting every 30 days, which is NOT monthly. This is false advertising. There are 365 days in a year, not 360.

Furthermore, you don't allow customers to determine the start date of their billing cycle. Why do I have to pay bank charges because you try to deduct money from my credit card before I have a chance to pay in the money?

Your 30 day billing cycle is the most diabolically unfriendly billing system I have ever encountered. Why can't you do MONTHLY billing as ADVERTISED?

0 Likes