How To Change Billing Cycle

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
790 76 124

Welcome to the Community, and thanks for your feedback, @DonnEdwards! I have passed your concerns along to the appropriate team.

You are correct, the billing cycle is referred to as a monthly billing cycle but does in fact invoice our merchants in 30 day intervals. This is how our billing system has been built, and so I’m afraid we aren’t able to make any adjustments to billing dates on an individual basis. Your first invoice occurs upon completion of your trial period and will continue every 30 days from that date forward. The billing interval is detailed in the Terms of Service, which is agreed to upon creating a Shopify account ( ‘Payments and Fees’, Section 14-3 as seen below).

20-10-b6axv-fapwj

We really appreciate you letting us know any pain points that you experience with the platform; We take all concerns into consideration in order to continually improve the experience for both our merchants and their customers. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

The 30 day billing cycle couldn't be LESS customer friendly if you tried, especially to new startups. I am subsidizing the subscription from my salary while the site becomes known, and deducting money from my credit card the DAY BEFORE I get paid is really nasty.

Plus, it is false advertising. Monthly generally means on the same day every month. 30 day cycle is very different. And it's dishonest to hide the difference in the fine print.

MONTHLY means MonthlyMONTHLY means Monthly

"This is how the billing system is built" doesn't solve my problem. It was built WRONG from the beginning. I doubt if I can get anyone at Shopify to actually concede that it is highly inconvenient for startups, because you are a big established company that doesn't remember what it is like to be a startup. Yet ALL your new customers are startups who are inconvenienced in this way. Think about that.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello,

I need to change my billing cycle from annually to monthly please. My new billing is tomorrow December 12th. Thank you.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
790 76 124

Hello, @littleduck!  Thanks for reaching out.

As mentioned previously in this thread, switching from an annual plan to a monthly plan will require the assistance of our Billing department. I am more than happy to help you with this, and so I am sending you an email to proceed with the escalation. However, please be aware that there may be a delay in response times here in the Community; So for time sensitive situations, contacting us via live chat will provide more immediate assistance.

Thanks!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes