How To Hide Personal Address

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi,

I want to hide my store address from absolutely everything and everyone because it's my personal home address. The Settings tag in Shopify admin has a section for store address but it says...

Store address

This address will appear on your invoices. You can edit the address used to calculate shipping rates in your shipping settings

Your primary business location could affect which apps can be used on your store. Learn more about app compatibility

How can I ensure that my home address will not appear on any invoices or anything at all?

Thanks,

A

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1777 211 370

You cannot do that. Moreover, any app that you install has read access to your shop information which includes the primary business address.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you for your response to this matter. This information will make or break whether I continue moving forward with Shopify. Just so I am clear... There is absolutely no way to avoid making our personal address and phone numbers public to our customers?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1777 211 370
Yes, absolutely no way.
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

This is not acceptable. I also need to keep my businesses main address private to protect me from potential criminals. There must be a  solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I used a Google Voice to hide my phone number. You get a free Google Voice number which will route calls to your real number. Havent figured out address situation yet. Might just have to set up a PO box

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I agree with you...this is unacceptable and a security risk.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1777 211 370

@HealthyLemon isn't it as insecure as it is for your shoppers to buy from a merchant that is looking to hide from them

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

I too would like to know if this could be hidden. I personally have a protective order against someone and do not wish for my home address to be displayed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

You'll have to use a PO Box

0 Likes