How To Stop Spam Bot Registration??

Excursionist
31 0 6

I've been emailing them relentlessly as well and mostly getting platitudes in response.   It's a bit absurd to be paying over $2000/month (Shopify+) for what's supposed to be an industry-leading e-commerce platform and there's nothing they can do to prevent me from having to manually delete 20 accounts like this from my customer list EVERY DAY.

Screenshot 2019-09-17 at 10.45.26 AM.png

1 Like
Tourist
8 0 0

It's ridiculous that you are paying that much and they can't fix this issue.

0 Likes
Excursionist
30 2 20
I came up with a second solution. About 5 weeks after I added reCaptcha to my Shopify sites the bots figured out how to bypass it. Are other people having the same problem? I could make a short video to show how I dealt with it.
1 Like
Excursionist
30 2 20

I've been trying to get help with Shopify on this issue for months, Ive called their support and emailed them. They often tell me they are fixing these problems, and that I can purchase an app if I'm having the problem.

But then, a few days ago, I started reading an email and I though I was getting an answer. But the Shopify support staff didn't even look at my name when she recommended my own post to help fix my problem. My email name literally matches the Shopify support name. I'm starting to think that Shopify uses bots to respond to emails. I would think a human would be able to make that distinction.

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 12.02.17 PM.png

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 0

Have you tried live chat or calling them?

0 Likes
2 0 6

Re-Captcha doesn't help.  The spam bots are able to bypass the form.  They are far more clever than what a simple re-captcha will catch.

0 Likes
2 0 2

I came across this thread.  I am having a really big increase in fake account creations since last week of September.  Not sure if anyone has seen an increase.  Has there been a solution?  What do you think of "Shop Protector" app available in Shopify apps?  Any good?  I tried contacting Shopify support but they all they did was say that they are looking into it.  Still haven't heard from them.

1 Like
Excursionist
31 0 6
For what it's worth the Human Presence app has proven effective to me (albeit at a cost).
1 Like
2 0 0

Thank you for the perfect explanation! Was easy to implement. I hope this works now :)

0 Likes
2 0 0

Ok obviously I was too fast to go with the recaptcha solution - which of course - does not work as you all describe. Pathetic implementation on Shopify's side...

0 Likes