How can I add a drop down menu on my product page?

Solved
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
568 48 97

Hey, @OlgaK!

Blockshop is a third party theme, not developed or supported by Shopify, so your best bet for support with your product pages will be to contact the theme developers directly. They'll be able to tell you if this is a built in option for that theme, or if it will require custom coding. Regarding drop down options on your FAQ page, using an app like HelpCenter might do the trick. Hope that helps!

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
AsAlwaysAleia
1 0 0

Does this work with "Express" Theme too? I just tried and no luck. Is there a free app that will help?

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 54 95

Hey, @AsAlwaysAleia!

Sophia here from Shopify. While the Express theme doesn't have theme editor settings for how a product's variant options appear on the product page, drop down menus are automatically enabled for products that have variants. Here's an idea of what it looks like before and after you click on the variant menu:

21-04-8kgir-8xwmg

21-04-vfxo8-dbum1

Some other themes (like Brooklyn, for example) have a setting for drop down menus in the theme editor because they allow a choice between a menu or buttons. Since Express only has the menu option at this time, you won't need to configure the setting first. I hope that helps!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 

0 Likes
GemmaBrennan
1 0 0

Hi, I am also having this issue however I do not have the option to add this, when I go to "Product page" it only gives me the option to enable image zoom?

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 54 95

@GemmaBrennan wrote:

Hi, I am also having this issue however I do not have the option to add this, when I go to "Product page" it only gives me the option to enable image zoom?

Hi, @GemmaBrennan!

Are you using the Express theme as well? Products that have variants might display either a drop-down menu or buttons, even if there isn't an option to enable them in the theme settings. I'm happy to take a closer look if you are able to confirm the name of your theme. Feel free to share your store link here too so we can view the product pages.

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 54 95

@GemmaBrennan wrote:

How are things going, Gemma? If you still need help with your product page, I'd be happy to take a look at the options based on the theme you're using.

0 Likes