How can I add a drop down menu on my product page?

Solved
Ramy91
Tourist
25 0 2

Hi, my current product page displays my product selection this way: https://gyazo.com/7783ade4ae20c36e9bac65d1dededeeb

Would it be possible (Brooklyn theme) to display it with this functionality ?

https://gyazo.com/474f84615fb2e737d49354d08720a036

Thank you! :)

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 40 91

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Ramy91

Thank you for reaching out about that. If you have a recent version of the Brooklyn theme, this should be a customization option in your theme settings. To do this, navigate to Online Store > Themes > Customize (beside your current theme), which will open up your theme editor. From there, select "Product pages" from the drop down menu at the top of the page, then click on "Product pages" from the lefthand menu, and under "Product Options Form" change the "Picker type" to "Dropdown". Let me know if you have any questions! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ramy91
Tourist
25 0 2

Thanks a lot Brie! It's just what I was looking for :)

jwidjaja
1 0 1

hey, if in case where I am adding three options for one product, where:

- one option I'd like to use click

- two options I'd like to use dropdown

how can I configure that?

Also, is there any ways where I can use option for click (say colour black) and add the colour icon to it?

Thanks

Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 40 91

Hi, @jwidjaja!

That wouldn't be a built in option, however you can use an app such as Bold Product Options to do that. Alternatively, you could contact a Shopify Expert, and have them custom code this into your store for you. 

Lia91
2 0 0

Hi, sorry to jump on the bandwagon late, I was wondering the same thing whether drop down menus could be added to the product listing in the Debut theme? 

Many thanks!

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 40 91

Hey, @Lia91!

A dropdown option should be the default for the Debut theme, if you have variants on a product. How many options/variants are you trying to have exactly? Are you not able to see a dropdown when you add different variants to a product?

0 Likes
Lia91
2 0 0

Hi Brie, thanks for your response... no I don't have variants, but I would like to add them on my product page to add more info without making the listing look so bulky. 

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 40 91

@Lia91 -

Okay, I see. I'd suggest walking through our help docs on creating product variants, which should take you through the whole process. Feel free to contact support any time if you need help along the way. 

0 Likes
OlgaK
2 0 0

Hi Brie,

Sorry for jumping in. I have Blockshop theme and also looking for the drop down menu option on product pages. Is it possible to implements somehow? And also I would like to organise FAQs the drop down menu way. Could you please help?

Thank you!

0 Likes