How can I add "Request a Fabric Sample/Swatch" Service to store?

Tourist
4 0 0

Hi,

I am running a garment fabric shop for home sewists using the Fashionopolism theme. I am looking into ways to add the option to request a fabric sample/swatch to the product page of all fabrics. Customer would be allowed to add up to 4 swatches free of charge at a reduced shipping cost of EUR 2.50 (unless they also order fabric or other products, in which case regular shipping fees starting at EUR 4.50 apply). Challenges I see with this approach: My shipping is defined in Zones (Europe, UK, Rest of World) and when adding a product, I cannot overwrite or define a different shipping strategy. Is there an app that allows me to do what I am describing here?

Alternatively a more simplified approach might be to create a product "Request a Sample"  can be added to the cart and charge EUR 2.50 for that service with free shipping. Customer would need to specify in the comments box at checkout for which fabrics the samples are required. But then I still have the shipping fee issue. How can I overwrite the existing shipping zones/fees in this instance and what if customers orders other products (in which case regular shipping fees must apply). 

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Stephanie

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Did you find any solutions to this problem? I am looking to do something similar.

Thanks

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0
Hey, no I did not find a solution, at least not in my preferred way. As a
workaround I have created a product called "request a swatch/sample" and
customers have to specify in the comments box at checkout which fabrics
they would like to sample.
0 Likes