How can I allow a user to pay via a different way after an order has been placed?

Highlighted
5 0 0

If a user chose "pay on delivery" or via bank transfer, then, after having made an order, he decided to pay via a different way, may be another delayed option or may be a bank card, or paypal, how would I allow him to do so? Where is this - "change payment method of an order" - in my admin dashboard?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
483 31 80

Hello, @radimonu!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! The payment method cannot be changed after the order is placed. However, you might have some luck with a third party app like; Edit Order by Cleverific, Edit Orders, or Lopster which are all apps that would allow you to make order changes after the order is placed. 

If you're not wanting to use an app, then what you could always do is use the draft orders feature from your Shopify Admin to invoice the customer. If a customer decides that they want to change their payment method after their order has been placed, then you would cancel the order and create a new draft order. Creating a draft order would allow you to add the same product to the order, but the order would be sent out via email to the customer where they are redirected to your online checkout so that they can put through the order with a different online payment method. You can follow our handy help guide, here, to learn how to create draft orders and send email invoices to your customers. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Say, a customer chose "bank transfer" payment method. He's not payed yet.

1) On the customer order status/tracking page, how would a customer know the status of a payment? - "payment pending "

2) After he's sent a bank transfer, I've received it and set "order paid" in the admin dashboard, how will he find out that I indeed have received it succesfully and marked the order 'paid" in my admin dashboard? - "paid"

Is that reflected at the customer order status/tracking page?

0 Likes
5 0 0
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
483 31 80

Hello again, @radimonu!

Karlie here! The customer would only be notified once they put the order through. The customer would receive a confirmation email letting them know that they had put through an order with your store. They would not be notified once their payment has been successful if you are using a manual or alternative payment method. If you wanted to notify your customer that their payment went through correctly, then you could always email the customer by following our step by step guide, here

You can always check to see which notifications are sent out to your customers by going into your Shopify Admin> Settings> Notifications section. That page will show you when each notification is sent out to your customers. You can actually customize your notifications from that page as well. 

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes