How can I calculate shipping before checkout and inside cart?

Solved
basitmate
2 0 0

Hey,

I want to set up an app or a plugin to display shipping rates to the user before checkout inside the cart.

The user should be able to view shipping rates to his address by putting in their postal code.

How can I do this? and which app/plugin to use?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
184 21 16

This is an accepted solution.

Hello

This is Lana from Shopify.

First, could you tell me a little bit more about why you would like shipping costs to be calculated in the cart? Is this because of some issue with the rates on the checkout, or you have this preference for a different reason? If this is something to do with your existing rates, please do let me know and I would be happy to look into it for you.

As for the function itself, while it is not something that is currently available with the native features of Shopify, it is possible to achieve using a third party app, - just as you mentioned you were looking for suggestions. Here I have some of our top rated apps that deliver this function:

Have a look at the above and let me know if for whatever reason they don't suit you, I will see if we can find an alternative.

If you don't find any apps to your liking, an option for you would be to contact a Shopify Expert. Shopify Experts are people who work externally to Shopify and charge their rates based on the work that they do. They might be able to work on a custom solution for this with you, and as for the costs, they can give you a quote before they do the work.

A lot of these apps mention that having shipping estimates on the cart is a way to increase conversions, so since we are already looking at this, I thought it might be beneficial for you to take a look at this Shopify Blog article on other Timeless Ways to Increase Conversions to get some other ideas!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog