Thank you Sabine.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

Hey Sabine, 

Peter here from Shopify Support!

Sadly I have to be the bearer of bad news and let you know this wouldn't be possible. Currently, we restrict the ability to edit the checkout process which includes altering the order of your payment processors. To provide a little more context to that, we restrict access to the checkout to ensure that it's kept secure and PCI complaint. 

As for the discount portion of the question this to wouldn't be something that is possible. The discount field requires being filled in before selecting a payment option as the system needs to send the total order value through API to the payment processor. For this reason, it wouldn't be possible to offer a discount based on payment processor used. One thing you could look into is refunding a portion of the order so long as it's paid through bank transfer. This type of setup would be a "rebate" type deal as you can say "Pay through Bank Transfer, receive 10% off after your order is placed". 

While we don't currently offer the ability to switch up the order of the payment processors this by no means it can't be a reality in the future. If you wanted to follow up with details on why this would be important to you and your business, I'd be more than happy to get your feedback sent over to our developers. :) 

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
61 0 4

Hi Peter,

thank you.

I simply prefer bank transfer since there is no reduction fee as with paypal or any other.

All payment mehtods look big and colourful ... banktransfer comes last and in't almost to see.

However I might do the afterwards rabatt.

Thank you Sabine.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

Hey Sabine!

That makes complete sense! With that additional context added, I have gone ahead and passed along your feedback to our developers for further review. Hopefully, this is something that we can get added in a future update. 

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

is this already fixed? id like to change the order too..i dont want paypal by default

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

@caramel 

Thank you for inquiring about this! We haven't implemented the ability to reorder the payment processors; however; I'd be happy to collect your feedback on why getting this added would be important to you and your business. With that feedback in hand, I can add it to our current feature request to ensure your voice is heard. 

Chat soon!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 3

I would really like to see the option to change the order of the payment methods. Here in Holland credit cards are rarely used, but it is now the default option.

3 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Of course I understand you want to keep shopify safe, but not being able to change anything at all will certainly cost conversions.

I notice people already get confused when the most common payment method for their country can't be set as default.

I see many people dropping out of the process when they get to the payment page.

There is no way to (split) test anything... If I knew this before I would have chosen a different webshop platform to be hounest.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 4

Can you please fix this fast?

it is ridiculous something so basic as this is not implemented. The only thing that needs to be done is a possibility to drag and drop the positions of the payment methods in de settings, of even easier put in an option to set a numeric position order.

Every shop platform has this ability... As someone said before, in holland almost nobody  pays with Creditcard, and now at first it looks you can only pay with creditcard.

Would really appreciate it (and all other dutch shops) if this is implemented 

4 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

When will this be resolved. I've made the same comment on another thread about the same issue. Please allow us to order payment methods, or at the least, select the default method.  As the button 'more payment options' takes forever and a day to load (3+ seconds), and stupid Paypal is the default, which is in my opinion a Micky mouse gateway for budget stores.  I do not want to prevent people from using Paypal should they wish, but i certainly don't want to encourage it or make it look like that is our preferred payment method from the product detail page.  A huge advertisement for Paypal, a company and logo that is not fitting with our branding.  Please fix this asap. 

1 Like