How can I change my tax number?

Tourist
21 0 1

I got a new tax number and need to change it in the shopify settings. But I cant find where to do it.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 40

Hey, @saralb!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Are you referring to your VAT number? You can change that at any time from your Shopify Admin. Just click Settings > Billing and you can add or edit it there.

2019-08-7gip7-ngxf6

Or is it that you are looking to update your Shopify Payments Tax ID? If so, I can escalate a ticket to our billing team who will need

a government document that lists your tax number, legal business name, and full address to process the change.

If you can give me a bit more information, I can certainly help you out further. 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 1

Hi Lulu,

Thank you for your answer!

Yes I mean the tax ID for shopify payments.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 40

Hi, @saralb!

Thanks for coming back to me. That is no problem at all, I can escalate this up to our financial team and they will reach out requesting that documentation and they will get that change done for you.

In order to do so, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you.

Speak soon,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes