How can I change my tax number?

Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 3

I got a new tax number and need to change it in the shopify settings. But I cant find where to do it.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 75 129

Hey, @saralb!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Are you referring to your VAT number? You can change that at any time from your Shopify Admin. Just click Settings > Billing and you can add or edit it there.

2019-08-7gip7-ngxf6

Or is it that you are looking to update your Shopify Payments Tax ID? If so, I can escalate a ticket to our billing team who will need

a government document that lists your tax number, legal business name, and full address to process the change.

If you can give me a bit more information, I can certainly help you out further. 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 3

Hi Lulu,

Thank you for your answer!

Yes I mean the tax ID for shopify payments.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 75 129

Hi, @saralb!

Thanks for coming back to me. That is no problem at all, I can escalate this up to our financial team and they will reach out requesting that documentation and they will get that change done for you.

In order to do so, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you.

Speak soon,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi!

Besides going through this discussion board, what is the best way for us to reach out to the billing team and change our tax id? Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I would like to start this process. Our 1099 for 2019 is incorrect. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 75 129

Hi, @laundrypdx.

Thank you for joining the thread. If your details on the 1099 form are incorrect, you will need to provide us with your IRS documentation that lists your correct tax details. We cannot accept state level documentation or other non-IRS sources. 

These are the only two documents we accept at the moment:

• CP 575 Notice (Preferred)
  • W9 Form

This document is required to make updates but due to it containing sensitive information, please do not email this to us. I will get a member from the Financial Services Team to add a secure document upload button to the home tab of your Shopify admin and you can upload it there. In order to start this process, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you.

Kind regards,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
236 10 14

Hi @saralb 

Not a Shopify expert but I think you can change tax number by updating tax details on Shopify. If you do not know how to, here is the guide for you.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, 

I am in the same situation where my 1099 is incorrect.  

Can you also send the info to the email associated with my account.  Thank you!  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 75 129

Hi, @Denwarner1.

Thank you for joining the thread. Yeah, I can absolutely send you an email to verify you as the account owner. You can then provide the required documents and we will get that sorted for you. Please be sure to check your junk/spam folder as sometimes the email can land in there.

Thank you,

Lulu

0 Likes