How can I change my tax number?

Highlighted
Trailblazer
271 12 20

Hi, you can do it easily by follow these step below: 

Step 1: Go to Payment providers
First, log in your Shopify account, go to the Settings section in your bottom left corner and select Payment providers.
Step 2: Click Edit
Click the Edit button in this section in Shopify Payments
Step 3: Select Update business details
In the Tax details box, as you can see, it is said that your business details could not be verified. To update this with the valid information, click Update business details
Step 4: Enter your tax details
Enter your tax information in the Tax details dialog.
Step 5: Save your tax details
Click Save and your tax details have been updated.

This guide was based on a guide on Avada, you can read the original guide here.

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

Hi, when I started our store I signed up under my name, but it's actually part of a nonprofit organization. I need to switch to the nonprofit organizations EIN instead of my SSN... can you help me do that? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
785 78 136

Hi, @PatThompson.

I can certainly help you get this sorted out. In order to do so, I will just need to verify you as the account owner. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get this escalated to our financial team to help get this updated.

Speak soon,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I need to change my EIN as well. I sent my SS-4 To support@shopify.com but i got a reply that is no longer a way to submit inquiries.
Please help
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
785 78 136

Hi, @Jce.

Thank you for joining the thread. Yeah, I can certainly help you out with this. As it is sensitive information, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Please be sure to check your junk/spam folder as sometimes the email can go there. Once you reply to that email, we can look into getting this changed for you.

Speak soon,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes