Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hello

Thanks for reading and I hope you are making lot of money online :D

I am trying to change blog url, For example

Current URL structure:
https://domainname.com.au/blogs/category-name/how-to-make-nice-photo-frame

From the url all the parts are clear, Except one. The word "Blogs" in the URL, I am looking a way to remove that or change the text.

Any idea how can I do it ?

Thanks

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hi, Ronald!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

I'm afraid there would be no way to remove the 'blogs' section of the URL path. The 'domain.com/blogs' would be the root part of the URL structure, and part of Shopify core, so you would not be able to edit this. This URL path structure is there in order to tell the domain which direction to point when directing to different sections for your store, so the same would be true of other URL's within Shopify. For example, you would not be able to remove the 'products' section of 'domain.com/products/product-name'.

You would be free to edit anything in the URL after the root though! In the example you shave given above that would be the "category-name/how-to-make-nice-photo-frame".

There is a guide here on how to change the URL, if you scroll to 'Change a blog's web address', you can see instructions there!

You do have an alternate option though! If you wanted, you could host your blog on a third party site (for example, WordPress). That way, you could link your blog in the navigation section of Shopify to redirect to the third party hosting site. This way you would have more creative control of the Blogs URL structure!

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hello Ava

Thanks for the wordpress suggestion, it opens door to new possibilites.

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Can I add Wordpress Blog on Shopify domain ? 

For example If user opens www.ShopifyDomain.com/Blog, Instead of shopify blog it opens Wordpress blog and that too without redirecting to another domain.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hi again, Ronald!

It would not be possible to open a WordPress blog on Shopify domain without it redirecting to another domain. There is an option to add a Wordpress iframe though! An iframe is used to display a web page within a web page. There is a tutorial here that goes through how to add a piece of code to your blog template that will allow your WordPress blog show up inside your Shopify blog post.

This would be quite custom, so it would be outside of the scope of support we would be able to offer here. However, if you are having some difficulty, I would suggest reaching out to a Shopify Expert. You can post a job on the Shopify Experts Page and see what feedback and quotes you get. You can find where and how to do this here.

Let me know if that works for you!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
7 0 0
Hello, I have shopify expert i can redirect blog URL with custom code and private app making contact heenasehgalpta@gmail.com
Thanks,
Heena S.
Cyruswebtech.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Ava, analog to Ronald's question regarding changing the name of the root part of the URL, I would also like to see the word "/blog" instead of "/blogs".  This is for the reason the word is most commonly used as an "uncountable" noun, as in, "hey have you read their blog?", or "great blog post", etc. Same goes for words like "gas" "milk" "rice" "information" etc. Thanks for your help and taking this into consideration on the Shopify core as it lends for a more professional presentation. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hi, @nblout!

That's a good point, I've clarified this with our Theme Support team for a more in-depth reason as to why the URLs are set up this way.  The team let me know that it is 'blog' and not 'blogs' because you can have multiple types of blogs with articles within one URL. For example, you could have news, recipes, daily updates, etc which all have articles within them. 

15-58-vwspe-matj8

I can definitely submit this to our internal team to be reviewed as a possible future feature of the admin though. As our platform is constantly growing and improving, our team love to get feedback from our merchants on what features/edits they need to improve their workflow. So once I submit this as a feature request on your behalf, our team can review the request. So hopefully, this can be something that is available in the future.

There is never a guarantee that a request will get a Green Light, *or* make it to a product launch, but we really do appreciate you reaching out with your suggestion, as I’m sure you’re not the only merchant with this request.

While we would not have a specific timeline for how long that might take, you can definitely keep an eye on our announcements page. We will post any new updates or developments there!

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava

Social Care 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, Ava — 

You mentioned that it was possible to change the "category-name/title" part of a URL, and I am able to see and change the title part. I would like to totally eliminate the category name, as it makes the URL look less professional. Is that possible? If not, I hope you can ask the developers to enable that option. It's on every other blogging software I've used (which makes me assume it's not all that difficult), and it makes for much cleaner URLs. Thank you! 

Janice

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hi, @jcwords!

I'm afraid that is not possible at the moment. It is possible to change the words used in the category-name/title part of the URL, but it is not possible to add to/remove from/re-organize the URL structure. I will definitely raise this request up to our development team though! I believe it is a common request, so hopefully, it is something that can be made available in the future. 

As I mentioned, While we would not have a specific timeline for when it may happen, you can keep an eye on our announcements page for updates.

Thanks for your patience!

Ava

Social Care