How can I choose the default product image?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

This is happening to me as well. When I share a link to my product the preview photo is like my second image (usually my color options) instead of my main product photo

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Is there a Shopify solution for this issue?  Large Customcat product image not showing up on product page. Random image from thumbnail collection is displayed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
No, there is no solution. I spent an hour with customer servicing trying to resolve and the ultimately said it’s a coding issue they can’t fix because they don’t write their own codes they use a 3rd party. I have just started uploading two of the photo I want to be the default but that’s so annoying
0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Hi Ann, I am also having this issue. I see that the problem for me is that I have extra photos besides the photo that an actual product is linked to. When I view it in my store, rather than the main photo showing which is one photo of all of my product variants, the first photo to appear is the first actual option the customer can buy and the main stock photo shows up second. Is there any way to fix this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

You can drag them to reorder them. The largest photo will be your main photo that they see on your site. But unfortunately when you send the link the 2nd image shows up.

@MysticMoonshine wrote:

Hi Ann, I am also having this issue. I see that the problem for me is that I have extra photos besides the photo that an actual product is linked to. When I view it in my store, rather than the main photo showing which is one photo of all of my product variants, the first photo to appear is the first actual option the customer can buy and the main stock photo shows up second. Is there any way to fix this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

It looks like I found a way to solve this issue :

1. Look at which picture appear when you click on the product link.
2. Go to admin/product/yourproduct

3. Select the annoying picture, download it, then delete it. It shouldn't be on your product settings anymore.

4. Refresh the page (or maybe not necessary), go back on your website and make sure everything is fine (make sure the picture that appears is the one you want). The problem should be solved at this point.

5. Go back on admin/product/yourproduct, and upload the picture you just deleted (after all that picture should be important enough). Place it wherever your want (except the first and larger place).

6. Go back on the website and try the product link (for mu case, the annoying picture doesn't appear anymore).

It's quite boring if you have a lot of products. But this process works for me.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey, 

Im experiencing this problem now and i dont have any printful products, were you able to figure out a solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
Nope :(
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Guys, 

I wanted to join in on this convo as my product pages are doing the same thing. I'm doing the same things ann has instructed and adam had identified, and STILL experiencing this issue. I'm solely using products imported from AliExpress on Oberlo. 

Please help! :) 

Cheers!!!

Mel and Joey

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

The product image on the page is showing by default the first variant, in this case color. How do I make it so it shows the group shot and not the first variant?

0 Likes