How can I combine products into sets?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi everyone!

Let's say for example I use electronics/accessories and I have on my store a mouse, a keyboard and a mousepad (with different images variants). And let's say they are all priced at $10 each ($30 total)

Can I create a new product and combine all these 3 products together to be sold as a set for let's say $25 discount price?

How can I merge the products together? Can I copy somehow the product (SKU, variants etc) in a new product page?

And how can the mousepad images variants be added as well for the customer to choose his preferred one?

Thanks for any reply in advance if this can be done! :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
97 1 21

Hey Theo, 

I'm Zuzanna, a Guru here at Shopify, and I would be happy to help you out today :)

That sounds like a great idea! Your best bet for bundling these products together and making sure the inventory is synced across all of them is through the use of an app! Apps are like extra features you can add to your store. In this case, there are quite a few different apps that you could use, here are a couple: 

As for letting people upload their own mousepad images, the best option will be to let your customers upload a file on the product page! You can either do that through the use of an app: 

Or we also have some steps on how to use custom coding to add this! To take a look at the steps for that, check out this page in our Shopify Manual. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us here, we’re around 24/7/365 :)

Have a great one,
Zuzanna

Highlighted
2 0 0

thanks for the reply. I will check the apps. 

Although I didn't mean the customer to add their own image. I meant for them to choose from the images/variants offered. So that they can choose from a variety. Like dress colors on apparel. So I guess I would be able to do that through the apps you recommended and add a variant option for them there.?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
25 0 3

HI Theo,

The Product Kits app was built for this particular use case. The app allows you to combine multiple products into a set which you can sell just like any other product.

It automatically tracks inventory.  So the inventory of the Set Product and the associated child products are always in sync.

Regards,

Ankit

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

It looks like this app (product-kits) no longer exists - does anyone know where it went or whether it was replaced by something else?

Thanks for your help!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Did you ever find a solution.  I have the same problem.  Seems like this would be so easy...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1
I ended up installing "Bundles" by Gazebo.
I found this app meets best the needs I have for bundles. However we haven't launched out site yet - so I don't have production type experience yet. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Good question.  But why does just about every question we users pose to Shopify get answered by "Hi, I'm a Shopify guru and I say buy this app...".  Hundreds of dollars a month later for the pile of apps we have to purchase along with the Shopify fees themselves and it's a losing situation.  I imagine a new shopping cart system/platform will eventually come out that is feature-rich built-in that will make Shopify obsolete. One can only hope.

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 5

I found is also pity that we need apps for simple problems as well. At the end we will be running on shopify with tens of apps. Which is not ideal.

I have the same problem of combining two or more products and sell them as one set. But this simple problem is not addressed and solved by Shopify and directed to us to an app which is not exist!

Please help me out to find a way to combine two products and send them as a one product (Set).

Thanks,

Ahmet

Highlighted
2 0 5

I would think Shopify could treat combining 2+ products into a set/kit could be done using code similar to doing variants.

Instead of adding a variant, you would add a link to a product. Linking up how every many products you wanted to combine into a set/kit.

Then have a subtotal of those items with another field to add a discount if you choose.

This way, if your price changed on 1 of those items, it would automatically reprice any set/kits with that product.

... Or you could buy another app. I don't mind buying apps I can test it first and priced reasonably, but to tell a client it's $29 a month, oh, and by the way, allow for the possibility of $50+ in add-on apps. Then I hope 1 of those apps doesn't go out of business down the road, then Shopify updates its root code because we might have to redo your store.