How can I create custom gift basket for user in Shopify

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi,

I want to create a gift basket where it has a fixed price and this basket has 20-30 products. But user can select  only 6 from this basket to purchase.

How can I create this functionality in shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
150 0 14

Hi, Smith. 

This is Martha from the Shopify Team. 

This option is not something that is built into the Shopify platform, at this moment. It sounds like adding an app would help you create this type of custom grouping of products.

Listing the products that the basket includes and using the app to allow the customer to customize the remaining 6 items. Below are a few options that might be the solution for you;

If you have any further questions or need some clarification, please feel free to reach out to us again. 

Best of luck with your shop!
Cheers. 
Martha
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

@martha Thanks for your response. But these are paid apps. And I cannot afford these apps.

I have also searched for the documentation which will help me to create bundle products programmatically in the theme. But I did not found any documentation on that.

Please provide some documentation on creating custom bundle products So, I could try some another solution on that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Any work been done on this?

Shopify, can you create a new type of product that is dynamic(or a modification to the existing product), checking it as dynamic forces the user to select 2 or more products from their current product list (and if there are variants then the variant of that product) in order to create it successfully.  This should allow inventory to stay under control and offer bundles of products.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2163 102 307

@Jim_Drysdale 

You can do this with an order form customizationwith some additional validation checks, though it will still be seperate line items.

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Forms-Add-an-order-form-to-your-store/td-p/613671

this is a bit easier now that the ajax cart had change to handling multiple items

https://shopify.dev/changelog/new-article-updated_at-liquid-property-and-updated-behavior-for-cart

If you want it to be a single item you will need to use Line Item Properties then do the work on the backend to fulfill the proper items.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes