How can I edit robots.txt

Highlighted
1 0 0

2013 and still nothing from Shopify. This is completely ignoring customers at this point. Why would you remove a URL from robots.txt. Perhaps you have a filtered collection page you want to quickly use for a Google Ad...blocked by robots...Google disapproves. Perhaps you have a Search page you want to quickly use for a Google Ad...blocked by Robots.txt...disapproved by Google. At this point it is just arrogance. Clearly Shopify unlike the other platforms like Magento and Salesforce and even Oracle Commerce do not consult with the SEO community. This is why it is not even a contest when competing against a Shopify website.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

I can't get my blog post to be indexed in google console. Google telling me its blocked by tag "noindex". So my question here is: Why robot.txt blocking all Blog posts with or without tags? 

I contact the Shopify team and they told me it's not by them. So, I install a fresh new Shopify theme and test live URL for blog, guess what...

Google Console

URL Inspection: https://pimpyworld.com/blogs/birthday-party-ideas

AvailabilityExcluded by ‘noindex’ tag

Indexing allowed?: No: 'noindex' detected in 'robots' meta tag

ss.jpgShopify is telling me again it's not done by them and I understand they blocking tags for being indexing by Google, but they blocked the whole Blog section.

When you talking about this they are all blinde and silent with the same answer as always. Shopify doing best what you need for your bla bla bla.

How can make my blog live to google search? Please, anybody... It's obvious they don't want to talk about this and they block it with purpose. Something between Google and Shopify is not right and they hiding it in robot.txt but is it possible to get this done or its best to make a custom page as blog article?

Please, anybody, expect Shopify and all people paid by Shopify (you making idiots of us) to write so suggestions or solutions.

Thank you,

Jovica

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

I can't get my blog post to be indexed in google console. Google telling me its blocked by tag "noindex". So my question here is: Why robot.txt blocking all Blog posts with or without tags? 

I contact the Shopify team and they told me it's not by them. So, I install a fresh new Shopify theme and test live URL for blog, guess what...

Google Console

ss.jpgShopify is telling me again it's not done by them and I understand they blocking tags for being indexing by Google, but they blocked the whole Blog section.

When you talking about this they are all blinde and silent with the same answer as always. Shopify doing best what you need for your bla bla bla.

How can make my blog live to google search? Please, anybody... It's obvious they don't want to talk about this and they block it with purpose. Something between Google and Shopify is not right and they hiding it in robot.txt but is it possible to get this done or its best to make a custom page as blog article?

Please, anybody to write so suggestions or solutions.

Thank you,

Jovica

0 Likes
3 0 0

@S3ratin wrote:

Google Console

Please, anybody to write so suggestions or solutions.

Thank you,

Jovica

I can try to fix your issue email me on: crawlerknightim @ gmail.com

0 Likes

@S3ratin That is very unusual. I see no reasons why their robots.txt file would be doing that. Shopify's robots.txt should only be blocking blogs when there's a "+" symbol in the URL as per these three rules in the file:

Disallow: /blogs/*+*
Disallow: /blogs/*%2B*
Disallow: /blogs/*%2b*

I see you've renamed the URL of your blog. Is the issue fixed? Google can report on issues incorrectly at times.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
1 0 0

Use these following code:

Your site url should not be added in robot.txt

Example:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /admin
Disallow: /cart
Disallow: /orders
Disallow: /checkout

Disallow: https://mynstrom.com/

Otherwise google will not index your site...

Remember before adding

0 Likes
1 0 0

Is there any plan for shopify to allow for robots.txt editing in the near future? I don't think anybody's explained why this very simple feature doesn't exist. The fact that it doesn't exist makes me think this is intentional and you aren't planning to change it.

0 Likes