How can I edit the language settings for "Checkout & system"

usmaashampersan
3 0 0

Hi,

I'm trying to change the termonoligy from shipping to delivery but the Checkout & systems language content is disabled. I'm unable to edit any values here. How can I change the settings here?

Thanks in advance.

Shaz

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1215 71 155

Hi there!

Don here from Shopify. :)

I just wanted to double check with you how you have been trying to edit language in your theme?

If you haven't already, you can access the language editor via Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages.

You will see there some default divisions among areas of the theme, which includes 'Checkout & system'.

You should be able to simply enter the language you wish to update into the relevant field and save your changes as shown here:

alt

If, for any reason, you're unable to edit this language then please let us know so we can check into this for you.

It could conceivably be the case that some third-party themes may not allow you to edit this, though that would be pretty unusual in my experience.

If you would like us to look into this for you, you can just email support@shopify.com and then quote the ticket number here in this thread so I can access and discuss your account securely. :)

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
usmaashampersan
3 0 0

Hi Don,

Thanks for your reply. I have been able to edit other sections without any problem but the 'Checkout & system' section seems to be disabled. As you have suggested I'll drop an email to the support email address above.

Thanks.

0 Likes
PTS_Electrique
8 0 0

Did you get a solution for this ?

I'm having the same issue. I'm using the Simple theme with French language.

Some parts i can edit and some i cannot (all of checkout and system), they are greyed out and cannot be highlighted, deleted or edited.

Thanks

0 Likes
usmaashampersan
3 0 0

Hi,

In my case this was my error. The fields looked disabled but the fact is that the fields are blank. Just type in the value that you want and save.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
PTS_Electrique
8 0 0

Hahahahahahahaha, why do they fill in the field with ghost words if it's empty ?

Every other section is filled in with actual words by the software. I thought it was all the same.

Thanks for that.

0 Likes
Discoverytrek
Tourist
7 0 8

I am trying to edit one of the messages to say that a discount has been applied and only one discount can be used. However when I enter the text and press save, then test it in my checkout, no message appears. Is there a way to turn these messages on and off?

thanks

0 Likes