Can I extend my Shopify trial beyond 14 days?

KloiKlark
Visitor
1 0 0

I’m trying to extend my 14 day trial to the 90 days Shopify is giving people but how do I do it? Where do I go? After I try to login I see only plan page, and support center doesn't give any option to select my store.

Replies 5 (5)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hi, @KloiKlark. Great question!

The 90-day free trial was a temporary relief measure provided to new merchants back in March. It expired as of June 1, 2020, and so all free trials are now back to being 14-days long.

However, we do understand that sometimes an extension is needed in order to be able to complete building your store. If you are eligible for a trial extension, you will see a banner in your admin within the last 3 days of your 14-day trial where you can extend it yourself. It looks like this:

20-09-otiut-ao5tf

Because you mentioned you are only seeing the option to choose a plan when logging into your store, it sounds like your trial time has already expired and your store has become frozen. If this is the case, it may still be possible to add extra trial time to your account. I’m happy to look into it for you, so please reply back here if you’d like me to move forward with that. 

Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Matheus-SmartG
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello there Helen, warm greetings from Brazil!!

I found myself at the same situation as our friend above in the post.

I would like to kindly request for a Shopify trial extension if possible, I'm building a new project and apparently it will indeed take more than 14 days.

However, I'm already convinced that Shopify platform has the tools I need to build my online business, will gladly sign up for a paid plan once I get everything I need done.

I'm really motivated to get things going with my shop, hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Matheus

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hi, @Matheus-SmartGWelcome! That’s great to hear you are finding Shopify a good fit for your business. I certainly understand that it can sometimes take more than the 14 day trial time to have your store ready to launch, so I’m happy to look into this for you.

When does your trial time expire? As mentioned in my previous post in this thread, if you are eligible for a trial extension, you’ll usually see a banner in your admin within the last 3 days of your trial so that you can extend it yourself. Do you happen to see a similar banner as shown in the screenshot above yet?

Matheus-SmartG
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there again @Helen,

Thanks for the reply on that matter, I'm placing so much effort in the process of building the store so I can get the best version of it at the launch, at least for now.

I did not receive the banner as mentioned, it's requesting me to sign up for a paid plan, which is great!!

However, would there be a possibility for a trial extension, pretty sure in 14 days more I will be set for launch.

Hope to hear from you, and thanks again for the cordiality.

Best regards, Matheus

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Happy to help, @Matheus-SmartG! Let me look into it for you from my end to see if it’s possible to add any more trial time. I’m sending you an email shortly so that I can authenticate you in order to see the status of your account. Please reply to it when you get a chance, and we’ll see what we can do!