How can I make our search bar display predictive search?

Tourist
8 0 0

Search bar.PNG

We are using the theme Block Shop and when you click on the search bar, the whole screen appears white, covering our entire website which is not what we want

Thanks Guys!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
607 59 76

Hey, @Boni.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out!

Though some third-party themes may come with a predictive or smart search bar, I can't be sure if Blockshop does. However, you can reach out to the theme developer and see if it's something they can implement. Blockshop is made by Troop Themes, you can contact them right over here

There's also a few third-party apps that can integrate predictive search with your theme, they also include additional features that you can use with your store (eg. product filters). That being said, I've handpicked a couple of them for you to try out:

- Smart Search & Instant Search
Product Filter & Search

If you need any assistance with these apps, you can always reach out directly to the developers through the contact information found in the Support Section of their app's page. 

I hope this gives you a couple of options to consider for predictive search. If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like