How can I manually find and correct a single 404 re-direct error which needs to be resolved?

2 0 0

Firstly, I am not a technical whizz. So I'm sure that this is a very simple fix to implement if you know how.

So basically People can click on a link to my site or type in its name https://kinkydiva.com and often (Not all the time) a re-direct message will appear and the page will update and load in my site.

Other times.. It'll say something along the lines of This website isn't available, Then it'll load in.

Also.. possibly related..when I post my link in Facebook or by message. My new logo has been replaced by an old one.

Is this actually an easy fix? Any help would be very much appreciated! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
387 15 48

Hi, @KinkyDiva 

Elle here from Shopify. 

I checked out your site and cannot replicate any of the issues you noted! If you can provide some screenshots or perhaps a video of the issue you're experiencing this will help narrow down the root of the issue. 

If you come across a 404 page on your site, you can set up a redirect under Online Store > Navigation > URL redirects. This guide here details all of the steps you need to take. 

In regards to the logo that is showing up when you post to social media, this is due to the OG image you have set in your theme. To update this image, you can follow these steps outlined here. 

Hope this is helpful and let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
ELle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thank you. I have sorted this issue now. I fingers crossed. Think it was caused by some duplicate pages.

I've reverted my logo back to the one I want to display. I'm assuming that this image may take a little while to display on Facebook?

I also have one other little issue.

I have updated the wording I wish to be shared in search engines... However I still have a description when i use search which was Inputted incorrectly when I first got my site. I obviously didn't mean for these words to appear in any searches. Also.. I wish for people to not think that I am not yet open.. It's a little frustrating. I put these here by mistake. How can this be changed asap please? What I have tried so far does not seem to work unless it can take weeks to update. Any ideas at all would be very much appreciated. 

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 19.04.44.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
387 15 48

Hi, @KinkyDiva 

Happy to hear that!

If you head to the Facebook Debugger tool, enter your URL and select the 'Scrape Again' button, it will refresh the OG image to the most recent image you've assigned as your Social Sharing Image. I've gone ahead and done this for you, so no need to worry about following this step this time around!

In regards to what is being displayed through Google, if you have this text updated within the Title and Meta Description under Online Store > Preferences, Google will update this the next time they index your site. To help speed up this process, you can submit your sitemap within Google Search Console. Here's a guide on updating your sitemap for your reference. 

Cheers,
Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes