How can I move my Shopify Store to another Hosting?

Tourist
6 0 1

Hello there,I used shopify for 2 months but now i want to move my store to a HostGator Website Hosting,how can i do so that i do not re-pay the ".com" and use Wordpress & WooCommerce for the Store? thank you in advance .

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

Hey, Diego. 

Peter here from Shopify Support. 

May I ask why you're wanting to transfer your store away from Shopify? If there's any issues or limitations that you're experiencing I'd love to hear about it. We value the feedback we get about our platform as we're always working to make it better for our merchants.

To dive into your question there. Did you purchase the domain through Shopify? If yes, then there will be a 60 day wait period from the time you registered the domain to the time it can be transferred away from Shopify. This restriction is placed on by ICANN and not something we can bypass I'm afraid. 

Once that period is up, you can contact our support team directly via phone, chat or email, and we can set your domain up to be transferred out. We will provide you with an authentication code which HostGator can use to take over the domain. In most cases, this won't require you to repurchase the domain, however, you'll want to double check with HostGator to ensure there are no fees for transferring over the domain to them. 

That all said, you'll want to back up your products to a "CSV" file so that you can easily import them to the platform you end up going with. The theme you're using isn't transferable, however, so this would be something you'll need to recreate when you've got your new account setup.

Once you have all the information you need from your account, you can navigate to Settings/Account and select "Close Store" at the bottom of the page. This will put you through the prompts to close your store and remove you from active billing. It's important to note that once you close the store this will restrict all access to your account, so you'll want to ensure you have everything you need before you process this step. 

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Peter
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello Peter,I do no have access to my Shopify Store to export the Product CSV and I would like to have access to be able to get the data i put on my store.It would help me enourmosly to save time. I would also like to export my Product Descriptions and the pages such as Contact Us and About Us as well.

There is nothing wrong with Shopify,I would love to stick with it since I put a lot of effort and time for my e-commerce site;however,i cannot afford it anymore ,other than the expenses for Shopify are not a problem,thank you :( :D

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

Hey, Diego. 

Thank you for providing that feedback, and I completely understand the choice to move to something that isn't too strenuous on costs. I've gone ahead and sent your feedback up to our products teams so they can ensure it's properly logged and reviewed. 

In terms of your product export, I'd be happy to reach out to you via email so that I can look into getting you access to your old store to allow for the download of that information. That said, the product CSV will export the product descriptions, however, the pages aren't something that could be exported. Feel free to check out our "Backups and Duplications" document to view more information on what can be exported. 

Chat soon, 

Peter
Shopify Support

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Yes please,here is my e-mail : sharpandnatural@gmail.com ,thank you in advance

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hey Peter, I was told i can't export the CSV Product's File since my account is frozen due to not paying on time,how can i have access to the store just for about 10 minutes? Thank you in advance

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

Hey, Diego. 

I'm not able to provide details pertaining your account in a public forum, however, I have gone ahead and sent an email to the email listed on the account with further information. 

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

0 Likes
2 0 2
Any luck with your store transfer? I am also looking to move out of shopify store due to their I’ll practices and huge costs. I have an India based store and use third party payment gateway as shopify payments doesn’t work in this region. Shopify NEVER REFUNDS FOR CANCELLED ORDERS. I get decent number of returns or cancellation due to size or defects but I end up loosing 2% to shopify everytime. And another 2% to the payment gateway so a net loss of 4% loss on each cancellation. This is ridiculous and shopify support is blatantly refusing to credit their 2% of cancelled orders . This is borderline illegal and fraud with their loyal customers , I’ll make sure to spread the word to avoid shopify in India
2 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

Hi, @Neeraj_Saini1

It sounds like there may be some confusion surrounding how transaction fees work, so I'm happy to help provide some context. When using a third-party payment processor, you are subject to a transaction fee (0.5%-2% based on your plan) which is charged per order but paid for alongside your monthly subscription. If you refund the order, then the transaction fee will be either removed from your pending charges or added as a credit to your account if the fee has already been paid for. 

Cancelling an order will not refund the order, so you may need to do this extra step within the admin so you can be reimbursed the fee you were charged. If refunding the orders doesn't reimburse you, then please let me know as I can have that looked into! 

0 Likes
Tourist
27 0 2
Pay it. You let your account to the point that Shopify froze it. Paying it is the right thing to do.
0 Likes