How can I permanently keep customers logged in?

Haley_Arndt
2 0 1

I have a password protected site where customers can not browse product without signing in. Customers are required to log in again after closing their browsers or shutting down their computers. If they follow a link to the site and then have to sign in, that link is broken and they are taken to the home page instead of the linked page. How can I fix this?

Look at Facebook.com for example, they are kept signed in, unless they press sign out or clear their browser cookie.

Is this a Shopify limiation? If not, please advice how i can keep my customers logged in at all times.

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10360 158 2004

Considering that a user can choose to store their username and password in their browser is this really a problem? Those that want a quick login can opt for that. Those that would prefer to not store a password can choose to enter it each time.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes
Haley_Arndt
2 0 1

It's a problem because the link the followed will be broken if they have to sign in. 

For example: I send an email that links to a 2019 planner. If they click the link and have to enter their info to sign in – they land on their account page rather than the 2019 planner page. 

If it permanently had them signed in, they would be directed to the planner page/or whatever link they followed.

Is this possible?

liberfg
Tourist
8 0 2

Facing the same problem... Did you get some advice from shopify?  Thanks in advance for your help...

0 Likes
Andrei21
Tourist
17 0 1

@Haley_Arndt 

Hi,

Were you able to find a solution on how to keep customers logged in?

Thanks

0 Likes