How can I save a "Buy Button"?

Sensebellum
2 0 0

Loving the integrations and "Buy Button" options so I can embed these on my Squarespace website.

However, I am having trouble saving them.

I customized my button, embedded it, now I want to save it on Shopify so I can come back and edit it. However, I see no save button.

For instance, when I click on "Exit" I get this message (see screenshot) "Leave page? ... Your customized Buy Button and code will be deleted."

Which makes me think there is a way to save it. Yet, I do not see a way to do so.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to save these so I can come back and edit later without having to rebuild?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 4.15.54 PM.png

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
381 34 88

Hey, @Sensebellum!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for sharing your question with our network. I'd love to help you out with this today.

Buy Buttons are dynamic and pull the latest product details when they are created. They will also include any customizations you chose to make (or didn't make) when the code is created, hence, why you must create a Buy Button each time you need the embed code, and they are not saved.

This is an intentional design to ensure embed codes remain compatible with Admin updates, product updates, and more. You might also be interested in checking out our Buy Button FAQ for commonly asked questions from other merchants.

Let me know if any other questions come up that I can help with.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Sensebellum
2 0 0
Thank you for the quick reply.

To clarify it sounds like you cannot save them?

What if you significantly modify the template, want to come back to edit, and have to go through all of the steps again? There are a lot of sliders to move!

Can I paste back in the code to get the settings where they were?

Say I have 20 buy buttons, sounds kind of difficult to manage if you can’t save them and then edit or tweak them later right?

Lastly, why is there a prompt to save when you can’t technically save?

This would be a great feature to have.

Best,
0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
381 34 88

Thanks for following up, @Sensebellum.

That's correct they can't be saved on the Shopify end, but they will be available in the third-party site you embed them in.

To answer your questions:

1. When you modify the buy button, you'll notice the latest settings remain in the editor by default. Let's say you made a change to the template, the next time you create a buy button you'll see the settings are the same as for the last buy button.
    Use case for this is to help save you time without making the same changes 20 times as per your example.
    You can also follow our Help Center guide on editing Buy Buttons here.

2. The code is generated after you choose your settings, but if you're asking if you can use a previously saved code, then yes you can.

3. The prompt you see is to "stay" or "leave" not actually save; this is so you don't inadvertently close the page by accident, and if you did, the prompt would interrupt.

Nonetheless, I have shared your feedback with our team for future consideration. Let me know if you have other questions or thoughts.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes