How can I sell on Instagram if I have some adult products?

Solved
Tourist
9 0 1

I tried to connect my shop to Instagram for tagging.  They told me my store is not eligible I guess because I have a few "adult" type products but mostly non-adult stuff like clothing and electronics.  

Is there a way for me to sell on Instagram or at least post a linkable post where people can click on it and get to my store even?  Does anyone know a solution for this or an app that will do this?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2416 163 356

Hi @bentbrandon,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Yes, my guess would that the "adult" type products are affecting your eligibility to set up the Instagram sales channel for your store. Shopify has a guide going through all the requirements needed for the Instagram sales channel which you can see here as well as needing to follow Facebook's commerce policies which you can see here

There are some third-party Instagram sales apps in the Shopify app store but I'm thinking you would still need to comply with the Instagram sales terms and service requirements to be able to use them to their full function. It could be worth reaching out to the app directly about this to be sure. You can also appeal the decision from Facebook/ Instagram and have them take another look. You could explain that you are looking to sell other types of products. This is something which is ultimately out of Shopify's hands and your best bet is to reach out to Facebook/ Instagram directly about it. 

24-00-ldq3q-1ctcp

I hope this helps!

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

I also ran into this problem and I believe we should be able to win an appeal. But there doesn't appear to be any actual way to submit an appeal. If anyone knows where appeals can be filed with Instagram, that would be great to hear. The only option I've been able to find is a general feedback option. That seems kind of crude for a platform that purports to want to work with businesses. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2416 163 356

Hi @DogDad,

I took a look into this for you, and it seems like the only way you can appeal something via Instagram is if your account was disabled or if you had conten...

13-34-tt2ir-1u14p

It could also be worth reaching out to Facebook directly about this since they own Instagram or on Instagram for one of the above categories to see if they will look into it for you then maybe or the general feedback option which you suggested. 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 6

We've tried several times to link our shop to Instagram and, too, have encountered the 'denial with no explanation or reason.'

There is no method to appeal, it's all a lie.

1 Like
2 0 0
Honestly I think your best bet would be to setup your Instagram as a business profile if it’s not already. Link a Facebook business account to it, and then simple promote the Instagram post you would want to make an ad for. (link them to your Shopify store)
0 Likes