How can I show different lead times for my products?

Hgutierr
2 0 2

This seems to be an open topic for a few years so Im hoping that shopify (or someone) has created a solution to show different lead times to our products

there are some apps that have a warning notification which the customer needs to click (creates friction) and others that only show a different lead time in the product page but not in the check out (false expectation at check out)

neither of those creates a proper experience

Appreciate your tips or solutions

Thank you

Hector

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1305 118 339

I think a good approach would be to share what you'd like to be the best solution, and 2nd best solution.

Then we can try to create a solution for you.

This is a niche use-case, so explaining what you'd like exactly for your store will open up possibilities for a developer to solve your problem.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes
Hgutierr
2 0 2

Thank you Joe

The most practical solution would be to have the ability to select an order processing lead time for each product or collection within shopify... and that this order processing lead time is shown throughout the checkout process

Right now, customers only see the estimated shipping time. In the new solution, it should show processing + shipping time

This is hardly a niche use case. The vast majority of merchants have multiple sources for their products and we will all benefit from creating a good experience for our customers

Please let me know if the above makes sense and if you need more info

Thank you again

Hector 

RunRina
1 0 0

This is exactly what I'm looking for!

With supply lines being what they are right now we have certain products that have lead times of 6-8 weeks based on when we can even get materials. Other products are 2-4 weeks, 1-2 weeks etc. Being able to have this information displayed in every place the customer touches would be ideal. On the product page, under each order in the cart, confirmations, etc. An overarching shipping policy just doesn't cut it and I can't find an app that does this (I found a pop-up warning one but otherwise it's all shipping.) Is there anything like this out there that I'm missing?

0 Likes
TGPC
1 0 0

Hi

Did anyone ever come back to you with a solution for this.

I would also welcome and option for a lead time where you select a number then maybe days, weeks etc.

Can any Shopify Experts/Developers help please?

0 Likes