How can I tell if a customer changes their order before checkout

Highlighted
3 0 0

I recently migrated to Shopify from Square and I'm so loving it!

Most of my orders, so far, have come from the creating draft orders and invoicing customers that way.  Customers are very excited that they can edit their order before checkout, especially since Christmas shopping season will soon be upon us.  Today, something occurred to me.  How will I know if an order has been changed and what was changed?

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
313 27 66

Hi, @GeekyLori!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. It's awesome to hear you're enjoying using Shopify! The draft orders are definitely a great way to be able to invoice customers outside of your website. However, they don't have the option to edit the draft order once you've sent the invoice. With that being said, if they did want to add something into the draft order, you're able to make that change and re-invoice them.

Once you've created a new draft order and sent the invoice to your customer, they'll get a link that will take them directly to the checkout. Once they've made a payment, the draft order will move to a completed order which you'll be able to view in the order screen. If you need to edit the order, you can do so simply by heading over to Orders > Drafts and select the order you'd like to edit. From there, you'll be able to edit the invoice. You can learn more about draft orders in our handy guide.

I'd love to hear more about your move to Shopify from Square. What sold you that Shopify was better suited to you? Shopify has some truly great resources that a free to use and I've recommended some below.

If you're looking for tips on things like store design or marketing, I recommend checking out Shopify Compass. It's 100% free for everyone and new content is being added all the time. This program will help you drive more traffic into your store and also convert that traffic into sales. As you're new to Shopify, I'd recommend our course on x to get you started. From there, you'll be able to browse other courses that might suit you.

With Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up at the end of the month, it's time to start thinking about how you'll promote your store during this time. I've compiled some resources for you below which you can take a look at. I recommend getting in early and making sure you're ready to go so you can convert your traffic in to genuine sales.

• BFCM Checklist

• A 27-Point Checklist to Prepare Your Store for Black Friday Cyber Monday
    • Start early and prepare for a longer season
    • Prepare for an uptick in demand
  • Trends That Will Shape BFCM 2020

• Most—but not all—BFCM shopping will take place online
    • Shoppers are on the lookout for clothes and electronics this BFCM
    • BFCM shoppers plan to spend more this year

Good luck with your store. We're here 24/7 so be sure to reach out if you need a hand with anything at all.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes