How can we upload many products at the same time instead of doing it 1 by 1?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, we've just begun our shopify store and our question after some searching has led to us to this forum. How can we upload many products at the same time instead of doing it 1 by 1? The titles and images will be different. There are hundreds and we wish to upload them at 1 time instead of manually 1 by 1. We can't do a CRV file since all the pictures and data don't even exist yet.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
196 22 24

Hey there, @daiMurals!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! The only other way to upload products (that aren't imported through a third party app), aside from individually and manually creating them, is through a CSV file.

You don't have to worry about having all the images and data when creating a CSV file - you can add those individually, or by uploading an updated version of the CSV file later on. The only required CSV fields to create a product profile in your Admin are the handle and title fields. Of course, if you any additional information it'd be best to add it in when you can. After creating the CSV file, you'll want to simply import it within the Products section of your Admin - but don't forget to save a copy of it for reference just in case!

When you have more data to update your products with, you'll be able to either use the saved copy of your CSV file or export a CSV file from your Admin. Once you've added your additional data and images, you'll want to re-import it into your store and check this box in the pop-up to ensure that your new product information overwrites your old product information:

I understand CSV's might appear overwhelming initially - but they're quite straightforward once you get used to them. You can download an example CSV here and scroll down a little to get familiar with the different fields and what data you can put in them.

I hope this information helps. If there's anything I can clarify, or you have any additional questions regarding CSV files - please let me know!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes