How could you remove the Online Dashboard???

3 0 0

/admin/dashboard/online  

This was the most important page to me in the admin, now it's gone. I feel disconnected from my own store. Shopify decided to give me a little column on the right and a big page of rather useless information instead.

Seriously?? You just killed the most important page. Well done.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
77 0 18

Hey there!

Wesley here form the shopify Guru team. 

We made the decision to move all analytical data to the home page due to our increased focus on sales channels. Having it all on the home page allows you to switch to data from different sales channels without leaving the page. 

We realize that this change may take some of our merchant's by surprise, but we are committed to being on the cutting edge of commerce and providing the best experience possible for as many merchants as we can. I'm sorry for ay iinconvenience, but we believe this is in the best interest for our merchants especially with some more exciting features we developing for down the road. 

-Wesley

0 Likes
3 0 0

Put on the homepage whatever you want, I don't care. No one looks at it. BUT bring back the online dashboard so people that want to use it still can.

0 Likes
4 0 0

I love Shopify but the new online dashboard is useless and I am tired of all the spam being added daily that takes three clicks to clear out. I have 4 stores and I feel like part of my job now is being a spam cop. Please keep the usesless stuff off the admin page. This is starting to feel like Bigcommerce all over again and what a nightmare that was. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
49 0 8

The online store dashboard is the same to me...

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

I agree, How could you remove it?? (or shove it all in a tiny sidebar) The dashboard view regardles of where or how you access it was one of the big things that made shopify great. Having a centralized visual understanding of your site that can be shifted easily on periods of time is/was the essential tool for merchants and teams to undestand the state of the site and understand revenue at a particular time. 

I am mostly a developer and designer working with lots of shopify merchants and the dashboard was always the first thing we open when we started any conversation.

I support shopify's decision to expand on their sales channel but I don't undestand why the solution is to get rid of something with so much value. The ability to change between channels is great but why not just add that to a dashboard page that switches between other great dashboards.

For me this is definitely a game changer, but not in a good way 

0 Likes
1 0 0

While I do think that the focus on Sales Channels is extremely helpful, I'm not quite sure as to why the sidebar can't co-exist with the dashboard as well.  The amount of information is consistent but simple features like specifying the start/end date of a period to analyze is no longer intuitive as the sidebar has condensed that piece of interface into one clickable calendar.

Like the previous poster mentioned, the dashboard was an excellent way to communicate with clients, especially for those who are just beginning to dabble in e-commerce.  Most of the data shown on the sales channel panels are related to one another and having to scroll back and forth on a small sidebar isn't exactly user friendly.

0 Likes