How create an (customer care replacement) order outside sales and tax reports?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I need to send a replacement order for which I need to create a new order. How can I create an order in such way it won't sum up in the sales report and tax reports?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
327 32 71

Hi, @JeroenHes!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Are you planning on charging your customer for the replacement order? If not, then you could simply create a draft order and apply a 100% discount to the entire order before marking it as "paid". This won't affect your sales and tax reports, as no actual profit will be recorded. Once the order is created, you could also add an order note for your own personal records, indicating that it was a replacement order. 

Another option is to simply edit the existing order. In fact, order editing is a relatively new feature and will allow you to add items, remove items, and adjust item quantities. However, orders can only be edited if they were placed less than 60 days ago and you'll also need to be logged in as the account owner in order to do so. If this particular order is eligible for order editing, then I would recommend going this route to avoid creating a brand new order. This method will also not affect your sales and tax reports.

Have you considered order editing, as opposed to creating a new order?

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
Thanks Julie, the first route would be the best one for us.
When I cancel the 'old' order will this one still be included in the sales and financial records/reports?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
327 32 71

Thanks for following up.

Your sales reports will always include both sales and returns from open, archived, canceled, and pending orders, as well as draft orders that have been converted into orders. Although the order is canceled, your sales report will still reflect that particular sale as profit unless you also refund it. However, you can filter your reports to exclude canceled orders if you aren't wanting to see them in your sales report.

I hope that helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
Thanks. Is there a way to makes sure customer service (back-end) orders are excluded from any report?
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
327 32 71

No problem, @JeroenHes!

Once draft orders are paid, they are considered regular orders. Because of this, there isn't a way to separate them from your reports by default. However, as a workaround, you can filter and edit your reports to narrow down only the orders that you'd like to view. In this case, you could add a filter like that excludes draft orders:

20-03-ouc8t-biqb5

As previously mentioned above, you can also create filters to exclude canceled orders from your reports.

Another easy way to exclude data from any report is to simply export reports as a CSV and delete any applicable orders from the CSV file. If you already export and save your reports for offline access or bookkeeping purposes, then this is what I'd recommend doing. 

0 Likes