How create an (customer care replacement) order outside sales and tax reports?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
Hi Julie!
Thank you for bringing that feature to the developers, and hopefully it can get added soon. as it would be a great feature to add. I guess we will do the new order for now but it would be nice to have the replacement shipping and info attached to the original order so we can see the history altogether.
Thank you!
Sara
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi Julie,

We could also really use the feature discussed above. Most other platforms that we have used have this ability. Thanks!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Aloha Julie,
We have a customer that we want their order to be replaced by us without any charges levied on the customer whatsoever, including the cost of the item, shipping fees, and taxes.
Mahalo
ChrisD

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
622 47 136

Aloha, Chris!

Thanks for joining in on the conversation. 

When was this order placed? If the order was placed less than 60 days ago and the items are still unfulfilled, then you could simply edit the order. Doing so will allow you tor remove the unwanted item and add a new item to the order. Have you tried this yet? 

If you are unable to edit the order, then you could take advantage of one of the workarounds mentioned in this thread. In this case, I would suggest first cancelling the order in question. During this process, you don't need to refund the customer, since you're planning on issuing them a new order. Instead, you can simply apply a refund of $0. 

Once that's done, you can proceed with creating a draft order and applying a 100% discount to the entire order before marking it as "paid". When you do this, your customer will not be charged at all. Once the order is created, you could also add an order note for your own personal records, indicating that it was a replacement order. 

I'm curious to know if you've tried any of the workarounds suggested in this thread. Feel free to share an update here once you've had a chance to explore these options! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes