How delete "pending payments" orders ?

Highlighted
Tourist
45 0 1

I have many old uncompleted orders (with a "pending payment" status) that I would like to delete from my orders list : how can I do that please ?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2654 190 419

Hi Mathias,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Do you mean to delete the orders from your order page in the admin completely or just move them away from the admin status? I wasn't quite sure. 

If you want to remove an order completely, that is no problem at all, you would need to take the following steps:

• Firstly to be able to delete an order, you must either archive or cancel an order. 
  • Once you have an archived/ canceled order, go to Orders in the admin and click on the archived/ canceled order. 
  • Scroll to the very bottom of the order and click Delete this order.
  • One final thing to note when deleting an order. Deleting an order will remove any record of it from your Shopify admin and your order history.

Shopify has a helpful guide on these steps also which you can see here

Don't hesitate to ask, should you have any other questions about this or anything else. ?

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
45 0 1

Hi Nick, when I archive an order, I go to the orders in the admin, I click on the archived order, I scroll to the very buttom of the order... but there is no DELETE button.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2654 190 419

Hi Mathias, 

There are some instances where an archived or canceled order cannot be deleted also, and these orders must be falling into this category which is mentioned in the guide I linked above, but apologies I should have made it more clear in my response also. 

The types of orders which can be deleted can be seen below:

Orders which have been processed through Shopify POS or the online checkout can be archived, but not fully deleted or removed as it says below:

The reason for this is for privacy and security reasons to decrease the likelihood of potential fraudulent orders. 

Hope this helps clear up why this is now. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same problem.  In my case the orders were cancelled before they payment was fully processed by PayPal.  In PayPal the payment status is "Declined" .  Is there any way to delete these orders?  Here is an example of the order in Shopify:

2019-07-23_17-50-30.jpg

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Nick, I am having hard time understanding how to cancel orders (invoice /manual payment method). Except for one order, they all remain in "payment pending status" while I have managed to get only one into "voided" status but how I do not not. I do not recall doing anything different; just cancelling the order after both have been "marked as pending" and both unfilled.

This order shows that "payment on invoice was cancelled"This order shows that "payment on invoice was cancelled"This order does not show that payment has been cancelledThis order does not show that payment has been cancelled

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
526 29 53

Hey @KatjaK 

It seems the payment status is still pending in that second order above and you would have to cancel the payment or mark the order as paid from what I can gather.

Greetings,

Gabe

0 Likes