How do I Transfer ownership? How do I install Stripe if I’m in the UK?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello I am a web-developer and I am having trouble transferring ownership of a store I created for my client to her. Her company is based in the UK but she lives in France so she can’t use Shopify payments either and needs to use Stripe. Can y’all tell me how to resolve these two issues because it is pretty urgent, thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1467 89 320

Hey, @Axel-Mark

There are two ways to transfer ownership of a store which will highly depend on whether or not you created the store using your Shopify Partners account. If you created the store as a development store through your Partners account, then you can follow our guide here on how to hand the store off. If the store was created through Shopify.com and granted a regular trial, then you can follow the steps here on how to transfer ownership to a staff member of the store. 

Stripe will not be available for the account so long as your UK address remains, so it would require updating the address to an eligible country (France) to enable Stripe on the account. Your client should be able to do this on their end once they take over ownership of the store. 

If you're still having issues after processing the steps from either guide, please let me know where you're getting stuck so I can help out! 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes