How do I access account admin if my subscription is over? I need to unlock the domain.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi everyone,

I purchased a domain through Shopify a few months ago, and I want to transfer the domain to another service. My issue is that I am no longer able to access account admin because my subscription is over. Does anyone know how to unlock the domain without access to admin? I tried looking for a solution through online and email support, but both of those services are not available to me since my account is inactive. I really don't want to spend $29 just to unlock the domain.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
303 26 65

Hi, @slee1855!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out around your domain issue. I'll be happy to walk you through some options here so we can get your domain back to you. The process will be different depending on your account status, so please read the following solutions carefully to see which one applies to you.

If you cancelled your account yourself in Settings > Plan and Permissions > Close Store, then our live support team will be able to provide you with temporary access to the account in order to get your domain released. This can only be done via our live support team as we do need to authenticate you in order to access the account ourselves.

If your store was frozen due to non-payment of an invoice, you will need to pay the invoice in full in order to access the account. Shopify is unable to provide access to a store with an outstanding invoice. In this case, you'd need to login, make a payment and then close your store again. Once you've done that, we may be able to consider a once-off refund on the subscription charge for you (excluding any app or shipping charges).

As you'll need to contact our live support team either way, here's a link to follow in order to reach our team: https://bit.ly/3i52f21.

I'd love to learn a bit more about why you're closing your store. If there's anything at all we can do to help, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes