How do I add a shipping form fields to my checkout page?

Highlighted
1 0 0

We sell magazine subscriptions.  Sometimes the billing address is different from the shipping address.  How do I add shipping address form fields to the checkout screen?

Needed form fields: First Name, Last Name, Company, Address, Apt, Suite, City, Country, State, Zip Code

It seems like this should be an essential part of any e-commerce platform. Yes - I could probably code something with this UI Generator but I would think somebody would have developed either an app or a solution.  

See:

https://central-florida-media-group.myshopify.com/collections/subscriptions

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
269 1 25

Hi David!

Stephanie here from Shopify. 

If you currently do not have a shipping address field in your checkout, then you will have to modify your checkout settings within the admin under Settings > Checkout. 

There is an option under 'order processing' to use the shipping address as the billing address by default. To add a separate shipping address form, you'll need to make sure that this opion is not selected. It should look like this:

Hope this is helpful! Feel free to reach out to our support if you have any other questions! We're available 24/7. 

Stephanie | Shopify Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I'm also having this issue even with this option deselected -  "Use the shipping address as the billing address by default"

0 Likes