How do I add tea bundles to my tea store?

2 0 0

Hi,

I run an online tea store currently selling individual products and am now wanting to add four tea boxes to my store. 3 of which will contain a bundle of teas and 1 box will allow for the customer to select 3 teas.

My question is I have tried to add these as a product and it doesn't allow me to add what each bundle contains nor for the customer to make their selection of 3 teas. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance 

Dianne  

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 119

Hello, @MentaliteaC!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! It sounds like you're wanting more of a customization than what is currently available within the Shopify Admin. With the Shopify Admin, you have the ability to create products - so you could manually create a product and title it as 'Tea Box' where you would just include the product image as three different teas and then you would sell those 3 teas together as one, but to allow the customer to choose which products they want in their bundle and to create interactive product bundles, you would want to use an app. 

There are bundling apps that would allow your customers to select different products to create 1 single bundled product. There are quite a few apps like this available, but specifically I would recommend checking out the apps;

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0
Thanks Karlie,

I look at that today. So just to confirm the app would allow customers to select say 3 teas of their choosing as a pre named bundle such as Sample Box.
Would the app also then enable them to select their freebie from 1of 2 choices?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 119

You're welcome, @MentaliteaC

The functionality really depends on the app you use, you can always contact the app developer by using the 'Support' section of the app page in the Shopify App Store. Although, from the information listed in the app page, it looks like the apps I had recommended would allow you to set up a product bundle and have your customers choose from 3 different teas for their sample box. 

As for the freebie, you may need another app to offer a free gift onto your bundles, however, you could reach out to the app developer of the bundling apps first to see if that is a feature built into the app. As for apps that provide free gifts for your customers, I would suggest looking into:

The above apps would allow you to set up free gift options by rule - so as an example, you could set up a rule that if a customer spends over a certain amount then they could choose from one of the free gifts. You could make the amount the same price as the tea sample box so that the rule works nicely in combination with your product bundle. 

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes