How do I apply variants to multiple product at once?

Dana_Harrison
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi.  Our products currently have no variants.  We want to introduce two size options: Small and Large (at $30 more).  I have successfully set up these 2 size variants on one product (including the upcharge).  How can I get apply these 2 variants to other products now?  Sure I don't have to enter these separately every time??

Replies 6 (6)

Jason_01
Shopify Staff (Retired)
55 0 17

Hello

I'm Jason, ill be your Shopify Guru for today!

You can add several variants to one product using a bulk action by following the steps in this document here. It may be helpful for you.

If you want to add a variant for an existing product you can follow the steps here:

To add a variant to a product:

• From your Shopify admin, go to Products.
  • Click the name of the product.
  • In the Variants section, click Add variant.

Enter the variant information in the fields. If you enter a new option value in the options section, then it will be created as an option value for that product.

Click Save.

There are also a couple of bulk editor apps which I would suggest looking into:

Bulk edit
Bulk product edit by Hextom

The apps may be your best option as I don’t believe the bulk editor will allow you to take the same variants you have added to one product and apply them exactly to another existing product.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you out with.

Jason

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

rnoack1
Tourist
7 0 13

Have there been any updates on this in the last couple years? The Hextom app does look like it would do what I want, but is an additional $10/month. This seems like the type of functionality that should just be part of Shopify already ?? 

I have over 100 products that are all similar, for which I want to add several identical sets of size and color variants. 

Can I do this with a csv import somehow without a big risk of breaking things? 

Thanks. 

rebelbuttons
Tourist
5 0 1

I'd love to be able to do this too via Shopify or editing the csv.

Jenay
Tourist
3 0 1

This is late, but try VELA! On the app store. It's Free and works GREATT!!!!

jess32
Visitor
1 0 0

Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 1.46.50 pm.png

Wozzza
Visitor
1 0 1

A late reply sorry, I am also trying to figure this out in Shopify for a clients website. This can be done easily in WooCommerce, which is what I usually use for other eCom projects.