How do I change .com Shopify to .co.uk?

CrystalAngels
4 0 0

Sorry I’ve just registered an account but did it on American Shopify instead of U.K. 

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1389 92 190

Hi there @CrystalAngels!

Don here from Shopify.

Firstly, welcome to Shopify! We're very happy to have you aboard and will seek to answer any questions you have as you go along your journey.

The next thing I'd like to touch on would be that there are no American or British (or otherwise) Shopify accounts created here, all accounts are created one and the same, to begin with so there's nothing amiss here based on the info you provided.

While we do bill in USD globally, this would just be converted by your bank or card provider to instead be withdrawn in your local currency (GBP in this case).

You can check out our UK pricing page here for more info on how we bill there.

If you wish to have your store based in the UK then all you would need to do is to set your address in the settings > general menu in your admin to your UK address.

This would then indicate that your store is UK-based and your choices in terms of gateways available for use there etc would reflect that.

You can also add a custom domain to your store which you could make a '.co.uk' domain if you wish to make it clear in your store domain that that's where you're based.

We've curated some useful knowledge specifically for UK Shopify merchants here in another Community post that you might like to check out.

Let me know if anything here is unclear or if you have any more questions about all things Shopify!

If you're still working towards launching your store, to begin with, I'd always recommend you take a look at our store launch checklist as that's a great resource to have handy.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
CrystalAngels
4 0 0

Thanks so much for your reply! Does that mean when I put stuff up for sale on my website it won’t show to the customers in dollars? Thanks 

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1389 92 190

Hi again @CrystalAngels!

Don here from Shopify once more.

The prices on your website would be shown in the currency you set in the settings > general menu in your admin.

Once you have set your store address there as being in the UK, other options such as payment gateways available there will automatically reflect this fact.

Have you thought about which payment gateway you might choose to use for your business there?

What else do you need to work on next for your store, do you have a business plan or a marketing plan in place yet?

In any case, let me know what you need to work on next for your store and we'll see how we can help out!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes