How do I change the author name on my blog?

Highlighted
1 0 2

I am wanting to add a new blog author or guest author without making them an administrator of the site? Is that possible?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

Hey, Jemma. 

Peter here from Shopify Support!

Only the names of the account owner and staff members will appear in the author section I'm afraid. This means it wouldn't be possible to add another author without first creating an account on their behalf. I tested my account to see if adding then deleting a staff member would allow the name to still appear, however, the system reverted the name to the next available author. 

That all said, I know that this is a wanted featured that many other merchants have requested. With that, I've added your vote on to this existing request to show our developers that there is further interest in getting this added in the future. 

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
3 0 2

Aren't you allow to make a blog post anonymous or under the Company's name? I don't want to use my personal name.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

Hey, @HoneyandNature!

Blog authors can only be listed under the name of one of the staff accounts. If your desired outcome is to have the company name appear as the author name, then you could consider changing the name of your login credentials to your business name. Changing the name of your account can be done in Settings/Account by clicking your name, then updating the respected fields. 

If your desired outcome is to leave it anonymous, then your best bet would be to edit the coding of your theme. Going this route will allow you to manually remove the blog author name from appearing on blog pages. If you're using a Shopify free theme, and have an eligible account, then this may be something our theme support can help with!

Let me know your thoughts!

Highlighted
8 0 0
0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Wait...is there a way to do this without the app? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

@Dance_Fashion 

I'm afraid not. The steps I've outlined above would be the best workaround to changing the author name/hiding the author. That said, I dug the feature request for this specific case to see where it stands. Our teams are considering getting this added to the platform; however; I can't provide a specific timeline for when or if this will become available. In the event that we do get this launched, we'll update our Changelog to make everyone aware. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/How-do-I-change-the-author-name-on-my-blog/td-p/92139
☝️

Alternately you can simply hard code this value in the article.liquid template and the blog.liquid template. The current value will be {{ article.author }}

HTH!

Highlighted
Excursionist
32 0 23

Almost certainly not.  Remember that despite the fact that you PAY for Shopifies services they intentionally leave functionality out of their platform so that they can set up an artificial marketplace for vendors (who of course pay Shopify a percentage of income) to resell basic functionality to you as "apps".  

It's a borderline scam IMO and is one of the reasons I've often considered dumping shopify.